Oxford OF772 Heated grips.

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

mrdtrotter
Year: 2015
Color: black

Oxford OF772 Heated grips.

Post by mrdtrotter »

Have just fitted thes, currently £35 on amazon, a worth while addition.
Attachments
DSC_0270.JPG
DSC_0270.JPG (713.76 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Oxford OF772 Heated grips.

Post by you you »

What is the red thing next to the bike?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Oxford heated grips are cheap enough for caual use but electric glove liners are much more effective for longer commutes.
Smee
Color: White

Post by Smee »

Were they easy to fit? Do they affect idle stop? Been considering muffs as an alternative as factory fitted heated grips on my bikes were not always that effective. Freezing fingertips and red hot palms!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Connecting the outlet for heated clothing is as easy as the two bolts on the battery.
http://www.ventureheat.com/power-sports ... iners.html
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I have the Oxford scooter grips but switch off the stop start when they are on I case it won't start at a set of traffic lights etc. with the battery drain
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I have Oxford heard grips and they work perfectly. No angst necessary unless that's important to you and hopefully keeps you warm at night.

They just work. Sorry if this isn't helpful.
Larry David
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Larry David »

Could somebody please provide a guide on how to install these. I haven't bought any yet but will do soon when the weather gets colder. The guy at spoke to in a bike shop said that they should be connected to the ignition wiring but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to do this.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
mrdtrotter

Post by mrdtrotter »

They were all right to fit. If your looking to get the factory ones off in one piece I found a junior hack saw blade (scarier than it sounds) was ideal for freeing of the glue on the left hand grip, the right hand one isn't glued as it's just slipped over the throttle slider so that one just needs pulling back on it self, the left oxford one slips on easy the throttle side is more tricky, I filed down the inside of the grip (as suggested in the instructions) but also sanded the ridges on the throttle slider a fraction too, key is to make sure they slide easily on and off dry fitted and then to not glue them (glue supplied) until you have wired them up and checked them.

I took the back box off, rear rack and seat box off and the front left fairing and fed the wires from the grips down the handle bar gap and the cables from the battery round to meet them just behind the front wheel, test run and everything back together they are a great addition.

The idle stop shows green in good time and while running but like the other poster I tend to not worry about it while I am riding, I took the bike over to Holland this weekend and did Papendrect, Amsterdam and Rotterdam and they worked perfect. They warm the whole body I can honestly say.

The red machine is a Stump Grinder.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

mrdtrotter wrote:They were all right to fit. If your looking to get the factory ones off in one piece I found a junior hack saw blade (scarier than it sounds) was ideal for freeing of the glue on the left hand grip, the right hand one isn't glued as it's just slipped over the throttle slider so that one just needs pulling back on it self, the left oxford one slips on easy the throttle side is more tricky, I filed down the inside of the grip (as suggested in the instructions) but also sanded the ridges on the throttle slider a fraction too, key is to make sure they slide easily on and off dry fitted and then to not glue them (glue supplied) until you have wired them up and checked them.

I took the back box off, rear rack and seat box off and the front left fairing and fed the wires from the grips down the handle bar gap and the cables from the battery round to meet them just behind the front wheel, test run and everything back together they are a great addition.

The idle stop shows green in good time and while running but like the other poster I tend to not worry about it while I am riding, I took the bike over to Holland this weekend and did Papendrect, Amsterdam and Rotterdam and they worked perfect. They warm the whole body I can honestly say.

The red machine is a Stump Grinder.
They do what they say on the tin. I just used a switched live I found under the plastics at the front. Work perfectly.

A stump grinder. Want one
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015

Post by Kenno »

Thanks for posting - I'll give these a go.

Could also do with a stump grinder. Think it was £150 a day to hire one though so I'm learning to love those stumps!
mrdtrotter

Post by mrdtrotter »

Your bang on at £150 Kenno, shame you don't live closer or I'd do you a deal :-)
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015

Post by Kenno »

Well - I had a quick go at fitting these at the weekend and failed miserably!

I've got the grips and bought a relay too, with my plan being to wire it to the battery using the relay linked into the lights or whatever else I can find that's only on with the ignition (is that a switched live?).

I've got about 8 different web pages open on my phone to help me with it but I managed to get the windscreen and the cover beneath it off when I realised all of the guides I could find are for the older model and there seem to be a few differences so I don't know how to get all the bits of plastic off (and which bits I need to get off anyway!). I only had a couple of hours free so I had to put it all back together for now. I'll have to try again when I have a bit longer to mess around with it all. This'll probably be just in time for summer.
mrdtrotter

Post by mrdtrotter »

Kenno, did you ever get these fitted??????