Red October's First Ride!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Red October's First Ride!

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Weather was BEAU-TI-FUL today! Sunny with 75-Deg as a High! Got up early, grabbed some Breakfast, and headed out to the Garage to clean up my Work Bench.

After I opened the Garage Door, I walked towards the Work Bench, passing my Scoot. I glanced over at it and heard.....

Shook my head..... walked back in the house..... Geared-Up..... Grabbed my Keys..... and went for a 30 mile Ride. WHAT A BLAST!!!

The FORZA is AWESOME!!!!! It's a Perfect Mix between my former Burgman 400, and my recent Big Ruckus 250. All of the Power, Comfort, and Agility I'll need! This baby's got the WHOLE PACKAGE! Smooth as Glass on the Road, and QUIET! I can't get over how Quiet it is.

My Big Ruckus rattled every time I rode it, and I couldn't really hear it with my Ear Plugs in, other than the Revs. My wife always did, and I could hear it when I did a Playback of my Cam Videos. The first few times I stopped at Stop Signs, I thought it had died, because I couldn't hear it. Then I'd add a bit of Throttle, and she'd move on out. WOW! Did I mention, QUIET???

I rode on Smooth Roads and Bumpy/Crappy Roads, to Test out the Counter-Balance Beads in the Tires, as well as the Malossi Shocks. I had the Shocks set on 2, and they were Firm, and never Springy or Mushy. When I got home, I popped the Shocks back to the 1 Setting, and I'll give those a try tomorrow.

Figured out a few things that I'll have to do different, than I did with my Big Ruckus. I stopped and grabbed a Take-Out Lunch for the wife and I, and I followed my usual Get-Off Routine of Stowing my Gear, like I did on my Big Ruckus. I always remove my Helmet first, and Lock it to the Handlebar. This time, however, I fumbled around with my 2XL HJC IS-33 Helmet a few times. I've got a Mobius ActionCam on top, and a Scala Rider Q1 Bluetooth on the left side. Wouldn't fit in the Trunk, without breaking something. Hmmm! I hooked & locked my Helmet on the Hook-Lock I added to the left Handlebar, and it fit perfect..... until I realized I had to Open the Trunk again, to stow my Jacket & Gloves (Big Ruckus doesn't have a Trunk under the Seat, mine was a Large Gun Case added on to the Rear Rack, so I never had to flip the Seat Forward.....). The Helmet was right on top of the Seat Hinge. OFF comes the Helmet!

Opened the Trunk..... put the Prop-Bar in place..... Stowed my Jacket & Gloves..... grabbed my Ballcap..... removed the Prop-Bar..... closed the Trunk..... and Locked my Helmet back to the Handlebar Hook. I've got a Givi B37 coming this week, so that'll take care of Helmet Stowage.

Overall..... I had a GREAT RIDE today! The FORZA is definately a piece of Great Machinery! I'm Extremely Impressed, thus far! Another Ride is in the Forecast tomorrow!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Red October's First Ride!

Post by Jge64 »

Good read, thx
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I long for 75 degree days again. It's only in the 50's here and will be 40's by the weekend. Glad you enjoyed your ride, I couldn't believe how quiet it was when I first rode it either.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Opened the Trunk..... put the Prop-Bar in place..... Stowed my Jacket & Gloves..... grabbed my Ballcap..... removed the Prop-Bar..... closed the Trunk..... and Locked my Helmet back to the Handlebar Hook. I've got a Givi B37 coming this week, so that'll take care of Helmet Stowage.

BB[/quote]

The Givi B37 sounds like it might be too small for that helmet? I went with a Givi Maxia 55 (?) It is real big but empty most of the time. But then I don't care what I look like.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

davenowherejones wrote:
The Givi B37 sounds like it might be too small for that helmet? I went with a Givi Maxia 55 (?) It is real big but empty most of the time. But then I don't care what I look like.

I sure hope it fits! I didn't want one too large, and I was going to get an E370 like I've had in the past, but the B37's Dimensions were about an inch larger all around. Keeping my fingers crossed! I'll let you know either way.

I actually looked at the 47's too, but while they were Wider, some had Less Height than the B37. Hopefully I can, "Jiggle-It-A-Little", to make it fit. We'll see!

I just didn't want to have to remove my Camera & Scala everytime I made a Stop. It weakens the Mounts, if they're removed too many times.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

When my storage is full I use the helmet cable and hang it off the loop under the seat.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Mister Paul wrote:When my storage is full I use the helmet cable and hang it off the loop under the seat.
I tried that when I first got it, and it works fine. However, with a Camera & Scala on it, I didn't want to have to remove both items every time I stopped, and lock them up. After awhile, it wears out the Mounts for them.

Even though someone may not have the Power/Charging Cords for them, some Arse-Clown would eventually pull them off, even if they couldn't use them. All it takes is a couple of minutes when I'm picking something up in the store.

I just decided to order a Top-Case, and lock the Helmet up, since it wouldn't fit in the Forza's Trunk.

BTW, Mister Paul, glad to see you were able to Finish your Light Connection Kit you were working on! KUDOS!!!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:When my storage is full I use the helmet cable and hang it off the loop under the seat.
I tried that when I first got it, and it works fine. However, with a Camera & Scala on it, I didn't want to have to remove both items every time I stopped, and lock them up. After awhile, it wears out the Mounts for them.

Even though someone may not have the Power/Charging Cords for them, some Arse-Clown would eventually pull them off, even if they couldn't use them. All it takes is a couple of minutes when I'm picking something up in the store.

I just decided to order a Top-Case, and lock the Helmet up, since it wouldn't fit in the Forza's Trunk.

BTW, Mister Paul, glad to see you were able to Finish your Light Connection Kit you were working on! KUDOS!!!

Cheers!

BB
Yeah, thanks for your help with that BB.

I hadn't thought about leaving your helmet add-ons available to a thief.

I have a Shad SH45 case with the colour-coordinated lid. It fits two full-facers in. I prefer it to the Givi boxes I've used in the past.