New to the forum, glad to be scootin again

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wadaguy
Year: 2014
Color: Red

New to the forum, glad to be scootin again

Post by wadaguy »

Just got my Scoot a few weeks ago and am glad I found this forum. Looking through it, I have already answered the gas tank question. A new windshield and more storage will be added, any and all suggestions are welcomed......Anyways, glad to be Scootin again!
Attachments
scoot2.jpg
scoot2.jpg (83.99 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
Previous Scoot, 2008 Sym RV250
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New to the forum, glad to be scootin again

Post by WhiteNoise »

Howdy! I'm thinking that with a catchy name like 8) wadaguy 8) you down right Should be Riding!!
You sound VERY excited. Good for You!! Enjoy that beautiful bike and ride it safely ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
wadaguy

Post by wadaguy »

Just hit the first 600 miles. The Forza definitely has a LOT more GiddeeeUP than my old Sym RV250. Also, its very stable on the highway. A VERY good buy. Only one complaint, I don't care for the under seat storage. Theres ample room, but a lot of manuvering has to be done. Not really a complaint, more of a critique. Anyways, heres to Spring getting here so I can put some real miles on it......... :D
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

wadaguy wrote:Just hit the first 600 miles. The Forza definitely has a LOT more GiddeeeUP than my old Sym RV250. Also, its very stable on the highway. A VERY good buy. Only one complaint, I don't care for the under seat storage. Theres ample room, but a lot of manuvering has to be done. Not really a complaint, more of a critique. Anyways, heres to Spring getting here so I can put some real miles on it......... :D
You get used to it. It took me a while to get used to getting the angle right for the helmet to fit at the rear.

Get a nice Shad SH45 with a red insert and you're laughing.

http://www.emaletas.com/media/catalog/p ... ours_4.jpg
wadaguy

Post by wadaguy »

Thanks, I am going to get a windshield and a case for the back. I haven't looked into Shad yet.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

WELCOME ABOARD, SHIPMATE! Image

CONGRATS! Great Lookin' Scoot ya got there! Love the Red!

Did you Trade your SYM in on it, or had you not been Riding for awhile? Just wondering about the, "Glad to be Scootin' again!"

Some of us, have Upgraded our Shocks, based on what info we've found on here, and on the Web. Some Riders say they're fine, while others say they're mushy & bouncy. Check them for yourself, and see what you think.

Most have found the Stock Tires to be OK on Dry Pavement, but not on Wet Pavement. Some have Upgraded to a Better Brand of Tire, and even others have increased the Size of the Rear Tire.

There are a vast amount of Performance Tuning Threads on here, if you're in the mind to Upgrade the Clutch and/or Variator with Lighter/Heavier Sliders/Rollers. Depends on what your Goal is with the Forza.

As for Storage Options, you've already discovered the Top Cases like the SHAD and GIVI. There are also Tail Bags, Roll Bags, and Storage Bags that attach to the Step-Through area. You could even add Saddle Bags, if you need them. LOTSA Options out there for you!

You've come to the Right Forum for Advice and Info, as it seems everything that's been DONE to a Forza, was done here at some time or another!

Best of Luck with your New Forza!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
wadaguy

Post by wadaguy »

Thanks Blackbeard. I didn't trade the SYM in. In 2013 a tornado threw my SYM through my van.....Needless to say, it didn't run very well after that. It was a great scoot, but I really like the Forza so far. I like the ride, so i am fine with the shocks, and I haven't had a problem with the tires either, rain or dry. I don't look into upgrading much of anything besides the windshield and the carrier on the back.......After looking at yours, maybe some sweet decals or pinstripes will be added. I'll give it a little time and see what tickles the ole fancy! You are right about this forum, I read through many posts before ever posting myself and there are tons and tons of informative posts about anything and everything........Anyways, I look forward to sharing pix and stories with the forum. I also like to see where other scoot peeps travel. Thanks again