Tall Windshield National Cycle ??

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Tall Windshield National Cycle ??

Post by easyrider »

Looking for someone with experience using a tall windshield on their PCX. Looks like National Cycle makes the tallest. I am 6 ft and need something that can deflect the wind over me. Any extensions / deflector ideas. Appreciate comments ..thx
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Re: Tall Windshield National Cycle ??

Post by j.d.b. »

I'm 5'8" and I run the tallest National. It comes up about mouth-height. Ideally I prefer to have it at nose-height. It's adequate at mouth height for most of the wind to about 55mph on me.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Any negative aerodynamics on turns or cross wind affect.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by j.d.b. »

Just that the bike gave up about five mph top-end. It's nice and calm behind the shield, great for big bugs and especially rocks and the occasional light rain. There's not much substance to these bikes so they aren't good in strong crosswinds, anyway. The shield doesn't seem to exacerbate that. I stay off the e-way, too. The big buffeting from large trucks used to push me around on my old 500 lb Beemer. I don't want any part of that on a PCX.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

I like the tall too. Looks a little goofy , but does calm things down considerably.
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

I talked ot the guy in my city who makes them as you like it.Average price depends on the material volume but let say 30-60 €.
He is of opinion that the mounting is far away from rider and the winds already close in front of your helmet.
The only possible solution is keeping the small factory one and adding the extension look-a-like with mounths held by the mirror bolts.

I have short GIVI (crap) and PUIG sport. PUIG is acceptable but nothing compares to the windshield I had on my Piaggio Beverly.
Tonyx

Post by Tonyx »

I just installed the tall National windshield on my PCX150 and will vouch for its effectiveness. I'm 5'11" and it comes up to my mouth level which was what I was looking for. It fits great and provides the wind protection without affecting the ventilation. I highly recommend it.

I bought it from Amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9I ... ge_o03_s00
vader1701
Color: Black

Post by vader1701 »

My daughter wants a taller windscreen the stock one is too short. I have looked at the Givi models and the tall one needs a install kit does this one need that also?
Tonyx

Post by Tonyx »

No, it's direct replacement without a need for any other parts or kits.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? How much do I dislike talking windscreens? They're such a Puzzlement (add lots of exclamation points!) but, it's inevitable if you're considering one. I've been discussing all brands since the beginning of PCX Time, and have purchased and sold two givi's over that span. I like Givi but medium is two low and tall is too tall. PASS.

Here's my question, I'll be truly thankful for your help :P

I'm 'just' shy of 5'5" with average length torso. I sit straightup riding (well, most of the ride anyway).
"If" I were to order one of the three PCX National Cycle screens
which height would be best fitted for me?
Ideally I'd like the top lip of the screen to be at/about the tip of my nose

With your experience, what are your thoughts? Small, Medium or Large?
(I doubt I'll use this new screen in the dead of summer, my stock would keep me cooler)

I'll see.... "If It's Love at First Sight" :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

for reference I'm a tad over 5' 6
and am just looking over the 2013 medium model
sounds like a toss up between the small or medium model in your case
adamwramage
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by adamwramage »

Hey guys any chance of some pics being posted of tall screens? I have just got my new PCX150 and as we head into a Melbourne winter, am interested in the Honda tall screen and other recommendations, but would love to see pics!
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

adamwramage wrote:Hey guys any chance of some pics being posted of tall screens? I have just got my new PCX150 and as we head into a Melbourne winter, am interested in the Honda tall screen and other recommendations, but would love to see pics!
Here's the National Cycle extra-tall shield on my 2015 PCX 150. National Cycle are in the States, but I'm sure they'll ship to Australia. Some find it funny-looking, but it does a good job stopping a cold wind.
Attachments
NC XT 1.JPG
NC XT 1.JPG (147.57 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
adamwramage

Post by adamwramage »

db22 wrote:
adamwramage wrote:Hey guys any chance of some pics being posted of tall screens? I have just got my new PCX150 and as we head into a Melbourne winter, am interested in the Honda tall screen and other recommendations, but would love to see pics!
Here's the National Cycle extra-tall shield on my 2015 PCX 150. National Cycle are in the States, but I'm sure they'll ship to Australia. Some find it funny-looking, but it does a good job stopping a cold wind.
wow that is tall! Not sure it suits the scoot but looks like it would give awesome protection!
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Post by Robert R »

Got this doohickey fitted on my S- wing. Wouldn't be without it now.http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_X-c ... ector.html
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
tallcoolone1963
Color: White

Post by tallcoolone1963 »

I recently bought a National Cycle windscreen for my PCX 150, it's about a foot or so taller than the stock Honda screen. I don't have it installed yet, but it should provide alot more protection from the wind chill o_O on morning rides. Also, it will help keep the bugs :? out of my jacket! lol I got it from Bike Bandit in Cali for about $113 shipped, not a bad deal!
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by j.d.b. »

Here's a couple of a 5'8" me on my '13 with the National "tallest". I usually size them to nose height when possible so I'm looking just over the top when sitting normally on the saddle. Close enough for comfort on the little bike.
Image Image
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ishkabibble »

Tonyx wrote:I just installed the tall National windshield on my PCX150 and will vouch for its effectiveness. I'm 5'11" and it comes up to my mouth level which was what I was looking for. It fits great and provides the wind protection without affecting the ventilation. I highly recommend it.

I bought it from Amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9I ... ge_o03_s00
We're pretty close to the same height, and I was wondering which of the three (I saw them on Revzilla, FWIW) would work best for me. It seems as if your post answers that question. It was a toss-up between the mid and the tall, and I had absolutely no idea how I was going to decide between them.

Can you tell me what to expect in terms of installation?
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by j.d.b. »

It took me 10-15 minutes. Six screws.
kjmillig

Post by kjmillig »

I don't have any photos, but I just installed the mid-height National Cycle windshield on my 2013. Reduces felt wind on my body and face substantially. I'm 5'9".
Having said that, I kind of wish I had bought the tallest.