Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by dkazzed »

My boys were checking out my potential new ride yesterday at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show.

2015 Honda CB300F ABS
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

8) two up :lol:
What color is that... metallic beige? ?? Me likey.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

dasshreddar wrote:8) two up :lol:
What color is that... metallic beige? ?? Me likey.
Bright bronze metallic. Definitely a lot more subdued from the brown that's shown on Honda Canada's website, just as Candy Noble Red is more of a metallic crimson than the brilliant red shown on their website. It's too bad they don't offer all four colours on both sides of the border but it's probably in respect to making it easier for dealers to stock and sell.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Will you be doing much highway or country driving? If so, you might want to consider the bike to the right of it.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

My commute would involve up to 24km or 16 miles on a 80 to 90km/h or 50 to 55 mph limit city freeway, much like what Valiant posted up on his Youtube channel. During non rush hour, the general flow of traffic flows at up to 10km/h above the limit. But in rush hour, the HOV lane in which I am permitted to travel in averages 70km/h and barely gets up to the speed limit at certain points. If I go out of town, most of the time it'll be a family trip in the car. I do travel out of town once a year, usually for business but sometimes on my own. In that case, I could either stick to the right lane of the highway, take in the scenery on the abundant parallel secondary highways, or rent something like a KLR or Vstrom 650 from a local motorcycle rental place which would be a lot more capable and comfortable than a Forza.

And don't get me wrong, I love the Forza. The seat is super comfortable and it's an excellent do all machine. Frankly I look better in the Forza than the PCX. But for what I need, an urban commuter that's excellent around downtown and is city freeway capable, the PCX is more than suitable for what I need. Final icing on the cake, I can pay cash for the PCX -- I don't really want to finance. If I needed a more capable scooter, I know someone who's selling her 2011 Kymco Downtown 300i which I can get for roughly $700 less than the PCX after tax, excellent bike aside from the useless fairing mounted footrests I don't see myself using, and I love the styling. Serviced by a local reputable Kymco dealer.

We will see. I'm waiting for my tax refund and the removal of the 60km/h and supervisor restriction on my motorcycle learners license before I start taking a serious look and test ride of different bikes. For now, I am doing the same commute on my 50cc Yamaha BWS on parallel city streets. I love it except I can't take it on the freeway and am stuck up to 40 minutes a day in a queue for the non-toll bridge with no choice to save time.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
iEvangelos
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by iEvangelos »

I got a couple of pictures of my day off ride today but the fast winds meant that I had to come back quickly.

What do you guys find the most difficult conditions to ride in? Wind, rain, night?
Attachments
Burrator "Waterfall"
Burrator "Waterfall"
Dartmoor Trip Falls Forum.jpeg (816.3 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Dartmoor
Dartmoor
Dartmoor Trip Forum.jpeg (732.41 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Beautiful pictures!
I found the night to be challenging until I installed my front fork driving lights. Now it is pleasant. The rain and wind don't usually bother me unless it is coming at me sideways. The one that get me is fog. We have been getting lots of it lately. Main reason is the condensation on my face shield which makes visibility even worse. Have to keep a shammy close to wipe as I ride.
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

Wow, beautiful scenery.

My wife wants us to backpack in Europe when our boys are at least 10 years old and you just got me thinking, we could rent a couple of bikes and ride across Europe.

I'm used to riding at night. Rain is the second most challenging where you have to mind your braking techniques and the wet and cold conditions can reduce your mental riding capability, but bad winds can make riding an absolutely harrowing experience. Then you get one of those nights when it's raining hard and the wind is howling.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Great pix - thanks for posting!
Don't mind my daily night rides- but only because I am on well known streets.
When on new roads at night I slow way down - which is not safe in traffic.
Wind can take away some of the fun - but on the bigger Forza it is not too bad.
Rain, no issues - but fog condensing on the face shield and then on my glasses is a show stopper!
I once had to ride to work at night with my glasses off, face shield up, tracking on the center yellow stripe at a few MPH's. Not fun!
Again, keep those snaps coming - great to see scootering from around the world!
REALLY would love to see some big city, downtown, scooter pictures (NYC, London, Paris, Rome, etc.....no one ever seems to take these kind of pictures. Most are, like me, out in the sticks!)
Fish
iEvangelos
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by iEvangelos »

Sounds like everyone has different issues with weather. I recently been riding in temperatures below zero and it hasn't been as bad as I thought. There still seems to be enough traction even on icy streets given you take it slow. I was expected to be completely unrideable.
For me the worst thing so far has been heavy crosswind...there were a lot of butt clenching moments!

When I was looking to get my bike I saw a video on YouTube of a guy riding across Europe on his PCX and it seemed so awesome that I seriously want to try it once I get my full licence! dkazzed, you should definitely do it man!!!

It's really interesting fish because yesterday I really wanted to go find some big city lights and take some pictures in that kind of setting! I would love to visit somewhere like the places you've mentioned and take some pictures there.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dkazzed »

Yea I've ridden down to -6 celsius when there is potentially frost and ice on the road. Just keep a very safe distance behind others and slow down enough that lean in is minimal for turns and you're good.

I have motorcycle training the end of this month. I have to if I want to ride anything bigger than 49cc. I'd say it's worth it though. Go for it! After you've had enough of the beautiful scenery in your own country that is. :)
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@iEvangelos - Those landscapes shots are great! Got some great photographers on this site! Regarding riding at night, do it all the time. Just don't do it in deer country. If you do, go slowwww!
Glasseye

Post by Glasseye »

I tested this Kymco Bet and Win 250 a few years ago. Fun ride, but not as refined as the Honda and Suzuki scooters I've tried.
Stable up to about 70mph, it sure slowed down on the hills. British Columbia is mostly mountainous, so it's a good test.

Here's my current ride. 1973 CB125S. Collector plates, all but the first 500 miles by me.

Unless my trip to Vancouver next week convinces me that I gotta have a PCX. :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!.......and the scenery? Love it! ;)
But.....Kids always steal the Show :P :P How cute is that pic! 8)

If I haven't welcomed you yet Glasseye, here it is: Welcome!
I like your 73 Honda, hmm...I think I had one in the past (it's awhile ago) a handsome little one!
Nice photo's, please keep them coming especially when you ("DO") decide the PCX "is worth owning!"
Haha.....You'll See What I Mean! ;)
Color counts....yours will be??
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Been out with my car club and been shooting last night, here's a few quick pics, none of my bike as i left it at home
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759743.981583.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759743.981583.jpg (320.02 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759733.398227.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759733.398227.jpg (218.24 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759723.348308.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759723.348308.jpg (236.74 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759710.082989.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423759710.082989.jpg (253.33 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ouu, lit and sexy kissass drift car photo's. Is one of them yours? Nice camera work 8) thanks for posting them
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Which one is yours?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:Which one is yours?
:D :D :D That's fighting talk.
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

Haha, none sadly, We have a rather muddy landrover. I was out with my friend in the red 'lude.
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

What model Ford is that? I am a big Ford guy and have a F150 Supercrew truck, and my wife and I each have what would be two Ford 4WD Kuga Titanium X Sports loaded over there I think and love them.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930