uk members

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

roger44
Year: 2015
Color: BLACK

uk members

Post by roger44 »

are there many UK members on here?
Im thinking of getting a PCX 125 to complement my R1200RS. I miss my scooter.
superbikeshop on ebay as them at lower than std prices, anyone know why? are they grey imports? is it dodgy?
any comments welcome
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: uk members

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org Roger.

There are many UK members on this forum. You should be hearing from them soon.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I believe Superbikeshop bring scooters in from Europe.
Honda UK should honour the warranty if you buy one.
When Sym's UK importer wouldn't bring the Maxsym 400 ABS version to the UK, Superbikeshop did and seriously undercut the official importer's price for the non-ABS version.
A member of Maxi Muppets bought a PCX150 from them and was pleased with the service, but it was stolen fairly soon afterwards.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
stevecbr
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by stevecbr »

Just checked, they seem OK, didn't realise you could buy the 150 in the UK.
Looks like they import from the EU, hence them having the 150.
The Honda 2 year warranty would cover the 125, your local Honda dealer would honour it if anything went wrong (it would have to be serviced as recommended). I'm not sure about the 150cc, as its not an official UK bike not sure where you stand on warranty.
I use mine as a winter bike and to take the kids to school, bought a 2 year old low mileage one for £1300 from my dealer
Main bike is a MT09
Carl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Carl »

Are these the ones for £2,250?

I spoke to the guy who runs it. Seems legit and was far from pushy. Wouldnt take my number until I wanted to buy as they fly out the door. Was happy to take a £300 deposit and rest on collection.

He told me that he buys container load at a time from Europe. Did ask about the warranty and he confirmed that it would come with a 2 year warranty. But.... Mentioned he had hardly any warranty claims come through him i.e indicating the bike needed to go back to them. I live about 100miles from them so this would be a problem.

Anyway, was all set to buy one, but had a niggling worry about the warranty so spoke to Honda UK. They confirmed they knew of this seller and as the bikes are grey imports they would not honour the warranty through their dealership network.

So I found the next cheapest via a Honda dealer (Bel Vue in Southend) at £2,450 and asked my friendly local dealer to match it and they did. Would have happily bought one from these guys too. Very helpful.

Do wonder if I should have taken a punt on the cheaper one as these bikes aren't exactly unreliable, but then I might as well have bought a well serviced used one.

For info if your in the south east Maidstone Honda had 2 pcx125s in. Both 2015 and both grey for £1800. One was a demo bike but wasnt for sale when I bought mine. Would have had one of these!
Geoffers
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Matt Black

Post by Geoffers »

What are you going to do with a 150 in the UK that you couldn't do with a 125? The 150 isn't going to be a joy to ride 60+mph and anything else the 125 can cope with.

Just buy a legit machine on the best terms you can find. No point taking a risk when there's no reward.
Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by Richard »

A 150 cc may be difficult to sell on with UK liecence laws....a 125 would hold its value better I think.
RichyP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013

Post by RichyP »

Hi Roger,

i am in the UK, live in the nottingham area...
not really head of them before mate to be honest...

best advise is go local and from someone that is trustworthy...

Robinsons of Rochdale is where I got my PCX from and customer service and aftercare from them was fantastic
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

UK here.

Spoke to my dealer once about the 150, they could get one in on order, however while they would service it, they would not offer warranty as it's not sold in the UK.
aka DrewJW
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014

Post by Robert R »

Hi, Am UK too, Aberdeenshire. My thoughts are that any savings on grey imports are lost down the road on resale. 2nd hand grey imports have very low values.
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

A new one from a UK main dealer will be worth less than half what you paid by the time its three years old.
Depreciation on a grey import PCX150 won't be significantly worse.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong