Custom made accessories for the Honda PCX 150

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Custom made accessories for the Honda PCX 150

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

I'm new to this forum. Buying my first PCX soon.
I make accessories for the Suzuki brand motorcycle line and hope to develop some for the PCX.

My question is, who out there makes accessories (Aftermarket) now for this scooter?

I really want to buy one and hope to use it for commuting and also to design some custom parts for it to
trick it out, have some fun and make cargo containers that blend into the shape and design.

Whether I make these available for sale or not remains to be seen but I want to research what is out there first and
design what I see a need for.

Any ideas or help from this crew would help me out. :D

Thx
Ken
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Custom made accessories for the Honda PCX 150

Post by maddiedog »

Hey Ken, welcome to the forums!

Almost all the accessories we get are foreign, from Thailand. We don't really get much out here that doesn't involve exorbitant shipping costs. Powerbypcx is out of Thailand, their site showcases much of what we can get here: http://www.powerbypcx.com/ Keep in mind shipping adds $20-$50+ to everything too.

There has been a lot of interest in the saddlebags thread (which you posted in). I'm not sure what other riders would be willing to pay for a pair of decent, matching side cases, but I'd pay at least a couple hundred. The guys out in Japan want at least $500-600+, which is absolutely insane.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
super_g

Post by super_g »

Welcome, I think sissy bar with rack would be nice.
dmpeters

Post by dmpeters »

A custom tall adjustable back-rest ....like I have on my 650 Burgman

nice to have you on board

Don
:D
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

Thank you for the replies.

I plan to pick up my new PCX on Thursday. Perhaps tomorrow if I get time.

I will begin looking the bike over for places to bolt on and mount items to.

I have the ability to make windshields although I highly favor the stock one.

I do plan to ride this back and forth from my company to home each day. With weather here in Illinois ranging from
very nice to stupid cold with snow, ice and rain it's a crap shoot during the year.
My plan is for some storage needs to be met. I really don't like putting my leg over a rear case. I think the unit holds
a helmet just fine but will most likely take mine into the office so it stays warm in winter and cool in summer and just put lunch or some other times in my under the seat storage.

I would like to develop some items to make available on my company Ebay store and such to help defray development costs.
I do this on my Suzuki product line I make and sell.

Keep me posted on items you feel would be nice for PCX riders. I'm always looking for test pilots.

Ken
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

Welcome Ken Best of luck to you. I hope I can give you some business. Ride safe.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

SHOUT OUT to Cooley! Where are you fellow PCX'er? :roll: Long time no hear from you!
:? Sure hope you're okay and that you're enjoying your PCX. We'd also love to hear if you're having any success developing those PCX add-ons. You got my attention, and several others here.
But first things first....please check in, let us know you're still out there ;) WN
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:SHOUT OUT to Cooley! Where are you fellow PCX'er? :roll: Long time no hear from you!
:? Sure hope you're okay and that you're enjoying your PCX. We'd also love to hear if you're having any success developing those PCX add-ons. You got my attention, and several others here.
But first things first....please check in, let us know you're still out there ;) WN

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Of course, you do know that there are tail boxes and windshields available from Givi for the PCX, just like on the Burgman. I have both a PCX and a Burgman 400, so I use Givi products on both.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

"Wake up a little Suzy, wake-up......" :P
2yous and Mel: Check ;)
bountybuddy new member. All is good ;)
Aye, Old thread wake up call. Interested in custom side panniers/& if member Cooley ok (vice versa)
Are you out there Cooley?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You