What did I do to my PCX150!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Re: What did I do to my PCX150!

Post by duive01 »

lactic wrote:WOW! You clearly have a great eye for a great picture, some of your shots are simply stunning 8)

You've reminded me how little I've used my camera over the last couple of years, really must get back into it, not that any of mine are a patch on yours mind you.
Thank you. I've used a simple camera though, a 130 euros Canon SX150. The two main reasons for this camera were that it fits in my jacket and that it uses normal batteries. Most of the time I take pictures while still sitting on the bike, just stop, snap and go!
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Theboybilly wrote:Great pictures, I really enjoyed looking through them while having a morning coffee. Just one minor gripe - not all of the pictures have info on the location. As with TV's Tour de France coverage, I like to follow the progress on a map to see whereabouts the action is. But thank you all the same for taking the time to post photos of your journey.

Bill
I know what you mean by info location. But many times I takes photos on the run. That means: stop, take picture, go! I don't make a note where I took the picture. And after crossing a few dozen villages on a day I really don't remember the names. Maybe I have to buy a GPS camera to solve this problem.
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Cascanciu wrote:Great pics. I think I could tell which of those pics were taken in Spain. Those with the yellowish environment are typical from the south and mainland during the hot season. My advice, head north next time ;) .
It was actually not extremely hot in the south of Spain but it was in the north between Andorra and Barcelona. It was so hot I put on a jacket over my T-shirt to keep out the heat. I put grease on my lips but they burned anyway (or maybe because?). At half past six (18.30) in still was 39 degrees Celsius.
Maybe I was lucky that it was such nice weather in the south when I was there. I really enjoyed it a lot!

PS: I haven't been to Sevilla, couldn't fit it in my schedule, had to draw the line somewhere. Like I would have liked to see Portugal (north) and the Picos. Maybe next time.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

You should organise a mini tour for next year to Sevilla!! :D
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

djcat wrote:Wow! Well impressed with your journey, seems like the little scooter is not only good to go to the shops and back :) Can you tell us a little about the equipment you used? I can see a Louis Bag and some mods for the handlebars. How comfortable was it? Which gear did you have and how many tyres did you go through?

Great pictures, too! My mind is working overtime planning a PCX tour now, seems like I will not have to fork out on a big bike after all (says me who likes to save a few quid).

Cheerio!
I had a Louis bag and a Ortlieb bag. Big opening because it packs so much easier! I have a very small but still comfortable sleeping mat from Kaikkialla, a big and very comfortable sleeping bag from Nomad and a small sized normal pillow. This goes in the Louis bag.
Most other stuff went in the Ortlieb bag, clothes, food... I used dried food (Adventure food), very easy to make, only a spoon gets dirty, costs little gas. It may not be the nicest food in the world but I think it's not bad at all. And it contains all you need so very nourishing.
Under the saddle I have oil and other maintenance stuff, lock, spare water bottle 1,5L and other stuff I don't need immediately.
On the two dry bags (Ortlieb and Louis) I have my tent and plastic sheeting (I don't know if that's the correct word for it). A piece of plastic is very handy for many things: when the grass is wet you can put your stuff on the plastic, it's extra protection against the rain for your luggage, when your tent is leaking you can pull it over...
I had a tunnel bag from Givi also. And a small waist bag around my middle. These two contained my important stuff.

I don't now what you mean by mods for the handlebars? Or mabe you mean the bidon, a water bottle meant for cyclists. And a RAM mount for my Garmin eTrex outdoor navigator.
I'm still having the original tires at almost 12000km but I think they should be replaced shortly.
How comfortable was it? I have bought myself an Airhawk cushion for comfort and it was pretty good. Ofcourse I've had saddle pain (in the b...) but I think if you ride for 9-10 hours a day almost constantly it's quite normal to have a sore ass and being tired.

I hope this helps, djcat!
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

qed wrote:You should organise a mini tour for next year to Sevilla!! :D
That would be nice indeed...anyone interested?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Myself and my wife, especially if you went to Spain.

She has been toying with getting a PCX
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

During summer, any place in Spain which is not by the sea will be hot. Where you've been is technically "north", too, but when we speak about north here, we usually refer to the Cantabrian coast, which comprises the coast of Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria and the Basque region. Weather is much milder here. Those willing to visit Sevilla should know that it was well over 40º C this summer, so best if you choose spring or autumn for your visit.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:During summer, any place in Spain which is not by the sea will be hot. Where you've been is technically "north", too, but when we speak about north here, we usually refer to the Cantabrian coast, which comprises the coast of Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria and the Basque region. Weather is much milder here. Those willing to visit Sevilla should know that it was well over 40º C this summer, so best if you choose spring or autumn for your visit.

40c is a bit too hot!!
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

I think I had well over 40 degrees between Andorra and Barcelona and that's not even nice to ride in. I put up my tent at night and still was soaking wet from sweating! In the south I had about all the time a max of 35 and that's quite nice to ride in. Taking a brake is still a little hot though. But a lot better than my second day in Belgium and France, rain all day and 12 degrees at 11 am.

But the problem with coming to Sevilla in the spring is that it is so cold the first part (Netherlands, Belgium, north of France). :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Get something organised. Cascancui will put us up.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Well, you can always put your bike inside a train wagon. You will travel comfortably in one of the passenger's wagon to a latitude in which the weather is just a bit more friendly. Then you jump out and enjoy the rest of the ride on your PCX. I konw it's not the same but it's way more comfortable :lol: .
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

When we put the car on the train from Paris to Madrid for a family holiday, the car was missing when we got to Madrid. took 2 days for it to be found somewhere on the rail system, so we had an enforced few days extra in Madrid. Just saw a program about Brits emigrating to Spain who dont bother to learn Spanish. Just speak English slowly and loudly! Tossers!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Taz wrote:When we put the car on the train from Paris to Madrid for a family holiday, the car was missing when we got to Madrid. took 2 days for it to be found somewhere on the rail system, so we had an enforced few days extra in Madrid. Just saw a program about Brits emigrating to Spain who dont bother to learn Spanish. Just speak English slowly and loudly! Tossers!

Brits abroad are generally stunningly crass
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Brits?
I think you mean the English.
The foreigns just love us Scots and hate you lot.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

What did I do to my PCX150!

Post by Alibally »

gn2 wrote:Brits?
I think you mean the English.
The foreigns just love us Scots and hate you lot.
#borderlinerasist #probablytrue
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Not even bordering on racism, Scottish and English are not "races" they are nationalities.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Not even bordering on racism, Scottish and English are not "races" they are nationalities.
Yes I probably meant the English tbh

A Scotsman is just a Yorkshireman with the generosity squeezed out :D
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Glaswegians dont need to go to Spain to speak loudly, they do that all the time!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

qed wrote:A Scotsman is just a Yorkshireman with the generosity squeezed out :D
That's probably true, I believe copper wire was invented in Aberdeen when two loons were fighting over a penny.