Honda Forza 250 - No low beam

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

jochsey
Year: 2010
Color: Silver

Honda Forza 250 - No low beam

Post by jochsey »

Hi All,

Sorry for my first post being a question but I'm starting to get desperate. And hoping this is in the right place.

This morning my low beam lights on my 2010 Honda Forza 250 suddenly stopped working. I have been able to work out that the high beams will work via the passing switch but when the ignition is on there is no low beam lights and the high/low switch isn't making a difference (and not turning on the high beams where as the passing switch is).

There is no power getting to the globes for the low beam.

Any suggestions on what I might need to check / play with?

Thanks
Andrew
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Honda Forza 250 - No low beam

Post by dasshreddar »

welcome :)
I don't think anyone else here has a forza 250... nor a passing switch...
did you check fuses and or the bulbs?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

It may sound silly since the passing button seems to work, but have you checked the battery? I'd start there. It may be a simple issue of a battery that has poor health making your bike act wonky, I've seen batteries with poor health do some pretty crazy stuff. If you have a load tester, or know someone who does, run a load test on it. It may be that the battery is fine, but I'd rule it out, then work my way through the harness.

Without seeing the wiring diagram, it's hard to say for certain where the breakdown might be, if the battery turns out to be good, you can check the various connectors and do a voltage drop test to narrow down where the problem lies. If you can post a pic of the wiring diagram, I can try to work it out for you, and highlight the places you would check or you could have a mechanic look at it. I tried to find it online, but came up empty.

One other thing, if your scoot has a headlight on/off switch, make sure you haven't accidentally turned it off. Seems a no-brainer, but I spent half an hour once shortly after I got my first scooter trying to figure out why it wouldn't start...yep, it was the starter button.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
jochsey
Year: 2010
Color: Silver

Post by jochsey »

Thank you for your help. I'll look into the battery. Here is the wiring diagram from the manual. And nah no headlight on/off switch unfortunately, that would have been too easy :P
Attachments
IMG_20160513_0001.pdf
(775.76 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Hard to tell from the diagran, could just be a dodgy connection in a multi-way - be good if you can reseat or press-home any you can get to.