Ermax +25 Windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Ermax +25 Windscreen

Post by haildamage »

i had the givi and it was pretty good but i found myself wanting something a bit taller for cold weather and rainy days. maybe i let the bike fall over on purpose subconsciously. anyway, it broke into a dozen pieces when it hit the back of my car. at that point summer was around the corner when i prefer the stock non-windscreen to get as much wind as possible on hot days.

so i finally got and put on an Ermax +25. i am very happy with it so far. it is a bit higher but not too high for my liking. it also looks pretty good, IMO. the edges are a bit sharp but i guess that shouldnt be a problem wearing a full faced helmet.

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Ermax +25 Windscreen

Post by Taz »

My Ermax +25 came with black trim around mine:

DSCF6393 by TazPCX, on Flickr

DSCF6395 by TazPCX, on Flickr
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

story of my life. i miss out on getting the trim!

hmm, wonder why mine didnt come with that?
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Congrats, looks nice. I have the short Givi and I'm quite amazed at the difference it makes. I was between the Bullster, TCP and short Givi, and opted for the Givi. As long as it gets the air (and water) out of my chest I'm happy and something bigger was likely to interfere with my vision since I'm not that tall (5 ft 9"). During summertime you can live with it and it's actually a good idea to remove it, but a proper windscreen is a must on this bike.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

One of the advantages of a big screen and taping the gap at bottom, is extra storage. The other day I was loaded up for a work meeting and stuffed my jacket and overtrousers down behind the windscreen as it was a hot day. I couldnt see the dashboard as part of the jacket was covering it but the journey was fine. Sometimes I stuff my gloves down there too. Before I taped the gap, my summer gloves could slip through!
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Got the same one but in black and without the ERMAX logo (knock-off) this is Thailand hehehehehehe ;-)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Just ordered my Ermax +25 windscreen from the same place that Taz purchased his from. Total cost was €92.64, or about $122.44 US.
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Sounds like a good price plus shipping. This shield is great if your not a big bloke. Being tall you'll get lotta wind hitting your face as rhe aerodynamics wind rushed up the shield face and straight into your face,
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

I wear a full face helmet with visor, so I'm not really worried about the wind at this point. I just want to protect my chest area from getting drilled with huge Idaho bugs as well as the occasional road trash. :)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Hey Taz, I know you purchased your Ermax screen from same-same, and was wondering if you had a good experience with them? I ask because I ordered my screen on 12/24/12, and it still has not shipped. I sent them an email on 12/30/12 asking when they would ship, and I received an email back stating it would be shipped on 1/2 or 1/3/13 and I would receive an email with tracking number. Friday, 1/4/13 arrives and it still shows as "pending" on their website. I send them another email on 1/4/12, and two days later get a reply stating that it will, for sure, be shipped out 1/7/13. I checked their website just now, and it still shows as pending. Considering it is already 1/8/13 in France, not sure what to think....
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

philvb wrote:Hey Taz, I know you purchased your Ermax screen from same-same, and was wondering if you had a good experience with them? I ask because I ordered my screen on 12/24/12, and it still has not shipped. I sent them an email on 12/30/12 asking when they would ship, and I received an email back stating it would be shipped on 1/2 or 1/3/13 and I would receive an email with tracking number. Friday, 1/4/13 arrives and it still shows as "pending" on their website. I send them another email on 1/4/12, and two days later get a reply stating that it will, for sure, be shipped out 1/7/13. I checked their website just now, and it still shows as pending. Considering it is already 1/8/13 in France, not sure what to think....
sorry, i know you didnt ask me so i will address this to other potential customers. STAY AWAY FROM SAME SAME! the place is staffed by dishonest mentally challenged chimpanzees!

you have been warned!
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

i think it was this place that i emailed to ask if they would ship to japan. you might try that if they dont ship to your country. i took them a few days to get back to me and i had already ordered from Same Same by that time. it might be worth giving this shop a try for those that want an Ermax going forward:

http://www.silverstonemotor.com/honda-1 ... X-1013.cfm
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

sorry, wish i could edit. here is the story of why i HATE 'SAME SAME'!
i absolutely recommend staying away from internet shop 'SAME SAME'. they sent me my ermax +25 and forgot to include the trim kit.

i emailed them and heard nothing back. i emailed ermax and they said that same same had picked up the trim kit and would be sending it soon. 2 weeks later no trim kit, so i emailed ermax again. they mailed same same and CC ed me asking if they would please contact me about the status of my trim kit. several days later nothing so i emailed ermax again. several days later ermax emailed me that they themselves, ermax had sent me the trim kit since same same couldnt get it done.

Same Same are complete jerks and cant be trusted!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I got mine 5 days after ordering which is unheard of since I am in a remote part of the world. Usually things take 2 to 3 weeks or longer. I believe Maddie here had fast delivery to the US. Maybe you can send them an email in French. Europeans often take a long christmas break unlike the short USA break.

Haildamage you are missing a few dollars worth of industry standard trim you can source anywhere. If I was same same and saw your writings I would be procrastinating and delaying with you as long as possible. There are good ways and bad ways of dealing with people on both sides and I suspect english is not that good at same same. If you feel that strongly can you lodge a paypal dispute?

You can also buy Ermax off eBay from 'Destocnet' such as http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280610635933 ... 1423.l2649

At least you get eBay/Paypal protection though I havent purchased from them.
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Taz wrote:I got mine 5 days after ordering which is unheard of since I am in a remote part of the world. Usually things take 2 to 3 weeks or longer. I believe Maddie here had fast delivery to the US. Maybe you can send them an email in French. Europeans often take a long christmas break unlike the short USA break.

Haildamage you are missing a few dollars worth of industry standard trim you can source anywhere. If I was same same and saw your writings I would be procrastinating and delaying with you as long as possible. There are good ways and bad ways of dealing with people on both sides and I suspect english is not that good at same same. If you feel that strongly can you lodge a paypal dispute?

You can also buy Ermax off eBay from 'Destocnet' such as http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280610635933 ... 1423.l2649

At least you get eBay/Paypal protection though I havent purchased from them.
why would you procrastinate? you seem to assume that i was rude in my emails. however, i was completely polite and cordial in every email. despite multiple polite emails and giving them over a week to reply, they never replied. i then emailed Ermax and i know that Same Same did understand the problem because the Ermax rep told me Same Same had picked up a trim kit specifically for me and said they would send it to me soon. however, they never did. eventually Ermax gave up on Same Same and sent it to me since Same Same repeatedly failed to make it right. btw, it was after i mentioned to Ermax that i would be disputing the charge to Same Same with my credit card company that Ermax decided to send it to me themselves. i suspect that they might have a close relationship with Same Same as they seemed to be in very close contact with each other.

sorry but i guess we have a different concept of acceptable business practices. mistakes happen but they should be dealt with quickly and professionally. i shouldnt have to go shopping far and wide to find something that should have been included in the order. if i could have gotten the trim easily here in japan, i would have done that!

sure some buyers have had no trouble with them but at the end of the day Same Same has a spotty record at best. therefore, potential customers of Same Same should consider if it is worth the gamble of a hassle in dealing with such a sketchy outfit!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Whatever. just think there are more important things in the world to get worked up about, than a few dollars of trim that you can source on eBay or many other places! Ive just spent 2 days transfering basic provisions by boat to remote parts here cut off by land and air transport where folk have lost almost everything in bushfires.
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Taz wrote:Whatever. just think there are more important things in the world to get worked up about, than a few dollars of trim that you can source on eBay or many other places! Ive just spent 2 days transfering basic provisions by boat to remote parts here cut off by land and air transport where folk have lost almost everything in bushfires.
my sincere sympathies to the victims and respect to you for your efforts to help them mate!

of course it is not a huge deal compared to so many things in life. however, in the world of internet retail there are the good, the bad and the ugly. i think it is good to warn others of the less reputable ones!
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Good news! I checked my email this morning and found a message from same-same, stating my item was shipped and giving me the tracking number. I checked the tracking number out, and sure enough, my order is with some French shipping company, on it's way to me. :) As soon as I get it, will post with pictures.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

philvb wrote: my order is with some French shipping company, on it's way to me. :) As soon as I get it, will post with pictures.
Congrats! Glad it's on its way.

You are more courageous than me. After the third no-response, I got cold feet, cancelled my order with SameSame, and bought a tall Givi. I think I may have liked the Ermax better, but I'm satisfied with what I got.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

haildamage and Taz, I think it's a matter of principal here. You "should get" what you pay(ed) for. Simple as that. Imagine if most business' operated that way Taz :cry: Not good in my book and by no means good on a worldly scale.
To haildamage, I hate when things happen like that, you were inconvenienced for No reason. I would have followed through as well. Keep 'em honest, that's My contribution to keeping things on course in my small space in life. Put up stop signs when things go awry as they will affect other lives down the road :) Just my 2 cents
Hooray for Phil....Ermax in transit and just when you thought they forgot you 8) Show us your trim! :lol: (....and of course, the 25)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You