a really good reason not to have "choice words" with drivers

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

a really good reason not to have "choice words" with drivers

Post by flyingzonker »

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: a really good reason not to have "choice words" with dri

Post by chicaboo »

Charged with "aggravated battery"... They should go for vehicular manslaughter or attempted murder!
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

chicaboo wrote:Charged with "aggravated battery"... They should go for vehicular manslaughter or attempted murder!
I would say, rather, that the driver should be put up for the " Motorcycle Safety Instructor of the Year" award. That guy who was knocked over will know better next time than to pick a fight with something that is 5 times heavier than he is.

Just because David beat Goliath doesn't mean anybody else can.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I don't know in what modern day first world society it is fine to run someone over with a car because they hurt your feelings or were rude?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

chicaboo wrote:I don't know in what modern day first world society it is fine to run someone over with a car because they hurt your feelings or were rude?
What as he thinking, it damaged his car.
He should just have exercised his rights under the constitution and shot the biker :roll:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Giggles. Here someone just takes your number down or films you and forwards it on to the police.
thunderkat59
Year: 2011 PCX 125
Color: white

Post by thunderkat59 »

Florida. The state that gets featured on COPS more than any other . . . Go figure.
Autocentricity is the USA's religion. If you inconvenience a car driver it is their divine obligation to mete out retribution on-the-spot to nonbelievers. How dare you offend a car driver or disrupt their text!! If you run some dopey ped or bike rider over because you were in a hurry to get to WALMART, just say "they stepped in front of me" and everything be ok. ;)
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

chicaboo wrote:I don't know in what modern day first world society it is fine to run someone over with a car because they hurt your feelings or were rude?
It's not a matter of what would be fine or what is right, it is a matter of possible outcomes. There is no way to keep psychopaths and psychotics off the streets. A crazy with a car is double crazy. With this in mind, I walk soft (so to speak) when dealing with automobile traffic. Sometimes I'll use my horn--an air horn, by the way--but not if the offender is behind or beside me (except maybe to warn him if I think he is going to switch lanes and I feel he doesn't see me), but mostly I just let them do their zany thing and keep out of their way. Bikers pissing off drivers is bad not only for the bikers involved but for the whole biking community. A biker throws the finger at a nutty driver and runs away, thus making a possible problem for the next poor two wheeler that crosses that driver's path.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

chicaboo wrote:Charged with "aggravated battery"... They should go for vehicular manslaughter or attempted murder!
Looks like they are: "A charge of aggravated battery was amended to two counts of attempted murder, FHP said in an email Tuesday night."
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

gn2 wrote:What as he thinking, it damaged his car.
From the look of his mug shot in the news article and the type/year of car it was, it would not surprise me if it was a rental car. The news article also indicated he has numerous other previous offenses (habitual traffic offender), so the whole scene isn't a surprise at all.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

As a friend of mine put it: "it pays to obey the law of gross tonnage."
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?