Too tall to ride a pcx 150 without looking like a freak?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Too tall to ride a pcx 150 without looking like a freak?

Post by philvb »

I am in the market to purchase a honda scooter. It's down to the PCX150 and the SH150i. I prefer the styling of the pcx, but am a bit worried that my 6'2" frame will look out of place on it. I say that because after doing a search on these forums under "height", it appears that most riders of the pcx fall within the range of 5'1" and 5'10". I read that taller riders would want to remove the hump on the seat and sit further back, but will that alter the comfort in reaching the handlebars? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Too tall to ride a pcx 150 without looking like a freak?

Post by happyscooter »

dont worry about it. You are a few inches taller than me and it fits me good. all i get is compliments while out on my pcx. cant tell ya how many times people came up to me while im putting my helmet on asking where i got it and how much. It will fit you just fine at 6'2
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

happyscooter wrote:dont worry about it. You are a few inches taller than me and it fits me good. all i get is compliments while out on my pcx. cant tell ya how many times people came up to me while im putting my helmet on asking where i got it and how much. It will fit you just fine at 6'2
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input. :) There are two options that I am thinking about getting with the pcx, one being the windshield and the other being the extra storage. Do you have any experience with either of those, or know someone who does?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

philvb wrote:am a bit worried that my 6'2" frame will look out of place on it
Don't be so pathetic, why should you worry what you look like, just enjoy the thing.
(I'm six feet and I look totally fabulous darling)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Im 6 ' 3.5" and my humpless seat is comfortable and I dont get a wet bum. I also tilted my handelbars fwd though doing that meant I couldnt use the stock mirrors with my tall Ermax +25 screen. The tallest screen is the tall givi, mine is a few cm shorter than that. I added a rack for storage but no top box needed for me. http://www.flickr.com/photos/74721593@N05/ should show you pics or they are here in various threads.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

What you worried about, even if you look a bit big for it (which you wont) you cant see yourself riding.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Stop worrying about it Shorty
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to throw my concerns out the window and just concentrate on having fun riding. I will be purchasing it in the next two weeks, that's if I can get my friggin Honda dealer to get off his keister and email/call me back with a quote for the options I want. May end up calling the dealer in Boise if this continues.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

philvb wrote:I'm going to throw my concerns out the window and just concentrate on having fun riding.
That's all that's important! Everyone looks ridiculous riding a scooter anyways! ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The important issue now is what colour? You know white ones go faster. :lol:
I would also suggest getting a screen, makes a difference at speed. There are several options out there so have a look for the threads on them.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote: Everyone looks ridiculous riding a scooter anyways! ;)
No they don't, remember the stockinged high-heeled leg photo...? ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

^ YES! I do stand corrected. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

I pick up my new PCX tomorrow afternoon! Will post pictures this weekend. :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Nice one :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Now, that's exciting news! I sure the heck remember the day mine was delivered....my anticipator was on overdrive! Revel in the moment.....Oh, "What" a Feeling! Cheers philvb and please share a pic of your new wheels!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Now, that's exciting news! I sure the heck remember the day mine was delivered....my anticipator was on overdrive! Revel in the moment.....Oh, "What" a Feeling! Cheers philvb and please share a pic of your new wheels!
Thanks! Not sure if I am doing this right, but I started a new thread yesterday and posted pictures of my new PCX.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=663
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

Welcome and enjoy.
I'm just under 6 foot and don't care what folks think.

The other night I rode my PCX downtown in front of a popular eatery in our town and did circles in the street
while wearing a beanie that my brother-in-law Harley riding buddy bought me.
I wanted to embarrass him and he just laughed and so did I.

Go have fun.
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

Well, you are right, 6-2 is too tall for the PCX 150,I am only 5-8 and I have to get that hump removed. I also have a Honda SilverWing 600, that is the one I use for longer trips, it is very comfortable, it has a very large seat and has the power to get out of the way of an oncoming vehicle, had mine for six years now, and I love it. If you can take one for a test ride, do it, you will buy one. Don't get me wrong, I like the PCX 150 for around town, it is very easy to ride and maneuver , I have a lot of fun riding it..Ozzy
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Im 6' 3.5" and my humpless seat (done by local marine upholsterers) is fine for all day riding. Cost me $100 and took the upholster <1 hour to do after I took the seat off the bike and dropped it round to their shop.