This should be fun! Going to get a new exhaust!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

This should be fun! Going to get a new exhaust!

Post by honkerman »

Got a surprise today. Seems I got my first bonus in three years! So I'm going to treat myself to a new exhaust! There's one on Webike that looks fantastic, but I've never heard of the manufacturer. I really like the way it looks, but I want to go with a known quantity and am nervous about ordering from Japan.

Leo Vince makes an attractive fart can for the PCX, so that's what I'm going for. I wanted the cobra for the look, but couldn't find one for sale, so I ordered the corsa. Will post pics when I get the new pipe.

Attached is the pic of the one on Webike:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.46 KiB) Viewed 2148 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: This should be fun! Going to get a new exhaust!

Post by Jge64 »

I like it, not because its dual, but because it's not full of bands and rivets like so many other ones avail. Looking forward to some good closeups....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Jge64 wrote:I like it, not because its dual, but because it's not full of bands and rivets like so many other ones avail. Looking forward to some good closeups....
Sadly, that's not the one I'm getting, just the one I wanted. The leovince is a single pipe, but from the videos I've seen it sounds fantastic.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

IMO .... speaking of the one in the pic you posted, and not sure what the one you ordered looks like, I think it only looks good if the rear fender has been removed like the one in the pic.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Is it this one? Apparently it scrapes quite badly. :cry:
https://youtu.be/bYgU8XfnipA
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

chicaboo wrote:Is it this one? Apparently it scrapes quite badly. :cry:
https://youtu.be/bYgU8XfnipA
Yeah, that's the one...maybe I'll just avoid making right turns... ;) :lol:
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Honky you don't want that if its going to put you off again in fast, tight turn... surely there must be a second choice.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:Honky you don't want that if its going to put you off again in fast, tight turn... surely there must be a second choice.
I should be ok. I don't tend to corner too fast. We'll see. It has a 100% return on it if it's not right.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Attachments
sweet.jpg
sweet.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

I had one of those Leo Vince Corsas on another bike (a CBR500R) and it's a great pipe. The fit and finish and brackets are beautiful and it comes with a removable db killer. I used the db killer all the time on mine, though. It still sounds good but doesn't scare the neighbors' cats and make small children run for cover.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice sound. I like it. I will be following along as you go Paul. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way, I don't think you would want to change your style of riding for the benefit of a pipe, or risk yourself injury.
But you won't - we won't know any of this till she's mounted. Will you be doing a how to by any chance?

Buy the popcorn folks, the show will begin.....when it begins :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Post by lolofigo »

honkerman wrote:
homie wrote:Honky you don't want that if its going to put you off again in fast, tight turn... surely there must be a second choice.
I should be ok. I don't tend to corner too fast. We'll see. It has a 100% return on it if it's not right.
I have bought exhaust from webike that was scraping tarmac on every right turn on roundabout. Had to cut it and reweld to get more clerance. Pipe going under the radiator is bigger diameter than stock and still catches ground on tight right turns. With stock exhaust I was scraping the central stand though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

lolofigo wrote:
honkerman wrote:
I have bought exhaust from webike that was scraping tarmac on every right turn on roundabout. Had to cut it and reweld to get more clerance. Pipe going under the radiator is bigger diameter than stock and still catches ground on tight right turns. With stock exhaust I was scraping the central stand though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I have touched the C-stand a couple times and I don't like it much. Always spooks me but hasn't caused an accident. If I didn't like the C-stand so much I would have taken it off long ago. I guess its going to be how low you go Honky with situation awareness. I wouldn't let anyone else ride your bike with the new exhaust though and a passenger will lessen your clearance even more. I like a big girl :D
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote: I have touched the C-stand a couple times and I don't like it much. Always spooks me but hasn't caused an accident. If I didn't like the C-stand so much I would have taken it off long ago. I guess its going to be how low you go Honky with situation awareness. I wouldn't let anyone else ride your bike with the new exhaust though and a passenger will lessen your clearance even more. I like a big girl :D
I don't generally let others ride my scoot and no one ever rides pillion with me. I like a big girl too, but she doesn't like to ride a scooter. :lol:

As for scraping, I've never scraped the center stand on the PCX. I tend to go around corners by leaning my weight rather than leaning the scoot. My chicken strips are wide, but not because I don't corner, rather because of how I corner. Picked that up from a racer buddy of mine and it is amazing how much safer I feel in the corners.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Nice sound. I like it. I will be following along as you go Paul. Hopefully it doesn't get in the way, I don't think you would want to change your style of riding for the benefit of a pipe, or risk yourself injury.
But you won't - we won't know any of this till she's mounted. Will you be doing a how to by any chance?

Buy the popcorn folks, the show will begin.....when it begins :D
Yeah, will be doing a video, for certain. Tbh, my riding style probably won't have to change at all.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

What are we paying for that? Sounds almost good enough to adjust my riding habits too.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

homie wrote:What are we paying for that? Sounds almost good enough to adjust my riding habits too.
$211 from parts giant in Michigan.

http://www.partsgiant.com/p343501

Hasn't shipped yet. I'm watching the accounts page...hurry hurry!!!! Must have exhaust! Must must!
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

honkerman wrote:
homie wrote:What are we paying for that? Sounds almost good enough to adjust my riding habits too.
$211 from parts giant in Michigan.
http://www.partsgiant.com/p343501
Good price, excellent return policy, might call them because there's only brake pads and a fuel injection control ECU that come up as [exact fit] for 2015 PCX. They either haven't updated since 2013 or the LEO doesn't fit, which I doubt it wouldn't mate up with my year.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Sweet
if I keep following these posts my retirement money is out the door
sounds good
wish our Canadian dollar was worth more and shipping easier
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Well, the tracker says my exhaust left Michigan this morning early early. So, tomorrow or Thursday it should be here.

The waiting is excruciating.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube