Have you got the hump?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rumpleproofskin

Have you got the hump?

Post by Rumpleproofskin »

For those of you fed up with the PCX seat hump, try this Thai site where I bought my new seat from. With postage and customs I paid about £125. What a difference. I can now sit back and cruise. Doesn't affect the idle stop switch either unless you're sitting way back. The seat (a genuine PCX seat) took about 12 days to arrive. A doddle to fit too.

PowerbyPCX
http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-t ... 69418.html

And here's a video of my new seat sans hump:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hb4T3AwQQ4
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Have you got the hump?

Post by Taz »

Good find and choice. I had a humpectomy done locally as don't think that seat was available at the time.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

this bike reg is very familar, i think i was going to see that bike but bought new instead, i think saw it on autotrader.

great review on the PCX, way better than any review on youtube and the bikes been out for 2 years now lol

:)
Rumpleproofskin

Cheers Cracksta. You would almost certainly have seen the bike – the reg jumped out at me too. Traded in my 125 Suzuki Intruder for it at Dobles. Best move I ever made.

And big thanks for the comment on my amateur review!

best
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

ah yes it was from Dobles, my new PCX was bought from there too, would've bought that exact bike if my gixer sold quicker lol.

i'm considering the new seat, my bum is getting abit numb since i sort of slouch as i get too comfy, dont want to keep spending on the bike o_O
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I might be getting this one for Christmas: http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-t ... 69438.html

:D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

I have it, I'm 5 ft 9" and it doesn't bother me at all.
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

Taken a look at the video, with the cost of postage and customs surely it would work out far cheaper removing the hump and getting the seat reupholstered instead.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Rumpleproofskin wrote:For those of you fed up with the PCX seat hump, try this Thai site where I bought my new seat from. With postage and customs I paid about £125. What a difference. I can now sit back and cruise. Doesn't affect the idle stop switch either unless you're sitting way back. The seat (a genuine PCX seat) took about 12 days to arrive. A doddle to fit too.

PowerbyPCX
Will this seat work for a new PCX 150 as well?
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

I am removing that "back rest hump" and inventing a new plastic machined piece to mount there that allows me to move
back further in the seat and quick mount a new flat plastic plate to it that will allow for a tail bag to quick connect.
Anyone interested in one?
I'll post pics soon.

Ken
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ken that sounds interesting. Can you show us a rough sketch of your "remove that hump and see my quick connect plate?" You might be onto something good/neat here ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Unless you remove the plastic mounting plates that the hump bolts onto it could be uncomfortable. Here is my plastic after the humpectomy! I wouldnt want to be sitting on that plastic ;)

DSCF6382 by TazPCX, on Flickr
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

WhiteNoise wrote:Ken that sounds interesting. Can you show us a rough sketch of your "remove that hump and see my quick connect plate?" You might be onto something good/neat here ;)
Hi WhiteNoise

I completed my design today and our CNC machine shop (in house) will machine my clear polycarbonate piece tomorrow.
I hope to add this to the bike and provide some photos later in the week.

It'll take me a bit to fine tune this but I do believe that a new item can be made to allow any rider unbolt the "Hump" and just bolt on this connector plate and then mount any tail bag they want to it.
Then you can quick disconnect the tail bag for easy removal and take with you.

I'll show photos soon.

Ken
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cool, I'll be here ;) Quick question, how much further back on the seat will this put You? Thanks
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Rumpleproofskin wrote:For those of you fed up with the PCX seat hump, try this Thai site where I bought my new seat from. With postage and customs I paid about £125. What a difference. I can now sit back and cruise. Doesn't affect the idle stop switch either unless you're sitting way back. The seat (a genuine PCX seat) took about 12 days to arrive. A doddle to fit too.

PowerbyPCX
I just ordered this seat online tonight. Looking forward to getting/installing it!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ Good for you! Should make for a better ride(s) ;) Please show it off here :D

@ Ken (Cooley): got any photo's yet? Hope to see them soon!
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Great review and im v tempted ;)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Cooley_PCX_Rider wrote:I completed my design today and our CNC machine shop (in house) will machine my clear polycarbonate piece tomorrow.
I hope to add this to the bike and provide some photos later in the week.

It'll take me a bit to fine tune this but I do believe that a new item can be made to allow any rider unbolt the "Hump" and just bolt on this connector plate and then mount any tail bag they want to it.
Then you can quick disconnect the tail bag for easy removal and take with you.

I'll show photos soon.
Any updates on this yet? Since I now have a new humpless seat, I could use the stock seat for your idea. I do a lot of hiking during the Spring/Summer/Fall, and it would be great to have something to secure a tail bag to.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wonder if Cooley is okay :roll: Come back and say Hey!
Rumpleproofskin

WhiteNoise wrote:Cool, I'll be here ;) Quick question, how much further back on the seat will this put You? Thanks

You can sit back all the way. But there's a very comfy pit just as it slopes up.