Scooter Performance...

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Scooter Performance...

Post by homie »

From a little different performance perspective I think we can all agree on a few things about scooters after a certain age.
Scooter weight and maneuverability is excellent. We can do U-turns in alleys and park where no one else can.
We don't have to factor a clutch into our operation giving a sense of freedom unlike any other two wheeler including a geared bicycle.
We pay the least amount of fuel per mile short of a moped.
We don't need a dangerous back pack that can get caught and drag us off with a vehicle.
There is no where in town the speed limit is over 45 mph anyway.
Our replacement parts are dirt cheap and our mufflers are non threatening.
Smiles per mile are off the charts and I feel safer and more confident on my scooter than a cruiser or sport bike.
On the expressways to be honest the scooter does me proud at 65-75 mph in the slow lane and I have little complaint.
There is nothing to improve except ABS for challenging surfaces but I speculate that has a lot to do with stock tires.
The scooter is my first choice for every outing this summer and it's beginning to feel silly having another bike.

Sometimes a forum can become a place we focus on members issues and that's good use of it, but lets not forget the love we share for a good scooter... sorry if yours is a bad one ;) Chime in if you have a good one!
Attachments
wtf.jpg
wtf.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Scooter Performance...

Post by Mel46 »

We love our scooters, despite the fact that my wife can not ride right now due to injuries. However, every time I take one of them out for a run she tells me how sad she is that she can not go with me. The PCX is one of the most fun bikes I have ever had. Many of the other bikes I owned were work horses. I used them for transportation. The PCX though is more than that. It is fun. It is agile. It is an attention grabber. Almost every time I go somewhere I have at least one, and sometimes two or three people, stop me and bombard me with questions about my PCX. It is a 2013 model but it still looks new. I have to explain to them that I have added a lot of extras. Still, they want to know where they can buy one, especially after I tell them that they get 100 mpg, and that they can be used for travel outside of town as well as locally.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

For many reasons, people always comment that it does not look like a scooter, a great tribute to Hondas styling guys...
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150

Post by homie »

Oh and lets don't forget the MSRP 3499.00 usd
http://powersports.honda.com/2017/pcx.aspx
We are over built with PCX for the price compared to pretty much any vehicle on the market.
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Brent »

I love my PCX! It is the first motorcycle I have ever ridden, but it is still my favorite! I just flipped 11,111 last Saturday (1.5 years since I purchased it new). I travel about 145 miles every Saturday for work and at least 80 miles of that is 65mph, and I am still getting 100mpg! My NCY kit really made the bike sing.

I really like straddling the gas tank, as it sets me apart from those scooters at the college with a foot pedestals. I feel I get more respect and more "biker waves" (hand lowered to the ground as we pass) from Harley bikers.
Kriden
Year: 2015

Post by Kriden »

Well said by everyone. So many great things about the PCX and SO many great things about this forum. Can not thank everyone enough for all the info and community feel of this (Mel46 and Homie- thank you). Have owned many scooters over the years and a couple of motorcycles (Honda Elite 150 Deluxe, Aprilia SR50, Chinese, Suzuki GS 500 etc) but the PCX 150 (2015) really can do it all. Fills a nice niche and is a nice blend of technology, value and practicality.
2015 PCX 150, YSS Shocks (XL), NCY Roller Weights (20x15- 13 gram), NCY Vari (Item# NCY-1029) and NCY Face (#1200-1193), TyreBeads- motorcycle balancing beads
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Pretty much how ever rough or bad a day has been, I can get on that PCX, twist the throttle to WOT and s m i l e .
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

Can't add much to the above comments as I need more seat time! My initially planned 12 hour journey was thwarted. So far I have ridden mine only on two occasions, each for an hour. This is in no way the fault of the PCX and hope to change that very soon. Am sure the kilometres will rack up quickly from the less than 2,000 on it so far.

I have also ridden many types of motorcycles since a very young age and the handling and low weight of the PCX are terrific. I really appreciate Honda's build quality and amazingly low fuel consumption (only used half a tank so far). I very much look forward to commuting on it and taking it for pleasure rides as well!

This forum is great and I have done several small modifications to the bike already to increase it and my visibility and comfort/convenience. Plus I have done it's initial valve adjustment, oil and final drive fluid change. Even installed an iridium NGK spark plug. I am itching to ride!

Cheers all!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r