Terrible Yuminashi customer service experience

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Terrible Yuminashi customer service experience

Post by Oyabun »

I was holding off with this so far, as I really wanted to give them time to resolve the issue, but I really got fed up by now. I turn to the public knowledge of this forum to advise what to do.
Early in June I have ordered a 150 head and piston set from Yuminashi, which has been marketed as an upgrade for 60mm cylinders (164cc kit).
This was a test as I already had a 164cc cylinder at hand. I've received the delivery in about ten days, only to find that the head was sent out with the single valve springs (even though it was marketed to have the double valve springs installed) and with a copper gasket kit for the 125 head (the water holes were not aligning up with the 150 head).
I have sent a facebook message to Reggy and the issue seemed to get sold with a separate shipment. This is where I made a mistake and oredered further parts, saying they can send evrything out in one shipment so I saved them some money on shipping . The delivery time and service seemed reasonable so I decided to sell my existing cylinder and buy a more expensive, but hopefully more rugged flat deck new cylinder along with a big camshaft and other stuff.
These parts were paid and cleared on the 25 of July, and I expected that I will receive the items in the same time as the one before.
WRONG. The parcel has still not left Thailand, and I still have no reasonable estimation when will I receive it. In fact, I have no reply from them for the last five consecutive days, despite several emails sent to request an update and estimation.
I've heard many stories in the over 40 emails exchanged during this period. I heard that Reggy had ro leave the country for a very sad family issue (My condolences, but a business should run even if the owner is not present) but it was already weeks after I have paid for the items. I have also heard excuses that they are overbooked as everyone wants to have they orders out before winter, that someone did not pick up some parts at the factory, then that the factory workers have left, then the owner has left the country etc. My last information from Danny who used to run the customer services that he got everything covered, and that the next day he will send everything to my way with air parcel, to recover for some of the time lost. It was on the 24th of august. Never heard of him ever since. On my repeated requests for further details Reggy the owner answered that Danny was fired for providing bad customer service and he'll make sure everything goes right. Should I say nothing has happened since then? I've got a single answer on my emails that they are missing the cylinder I have ordered (this was the item what was reported 3 weeks earlier by Danny as finally available) -without any indication of the potential timeframe they will send out the stuff.
I'm completely fed up as it seems that Yuminashi is not able to deliver the goods paid as of now. The sad thing that my ride is in parts, waiting for the new engine parts to arrive for two months now, and I have no indication even when can I expect anything. We're talking about roughly 500 USD paid to Yuminashi altogether and I haven't received anything for the second part, while the first order was not delivered as advertised either.
I feel tool less. What should I do? Should I start a buyer protection claim with paypal and reclaim the money sent to them?
In my eyes Yuminashi has lost all of its reputation built through satisfied customers like Pcxdemon - so at this point in time I cannot recommend to order anything from them at all.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Terrible Yuminashi customer service experience

Post by gn2 »

I have always maintained that "performance" parts are simply junk and modifying a PCX engine is a complete waste of cash.

Do yourself a favour, rebuild it stock, cancel the order, pray you get a refund, learn the lesson and move on to trade the PCX for a bigger and better scooter.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

GN2: Some people just want a nippy little scoot without the added bulk of a larger capacity maxi (even though wind is a problem).
The closest thing to that you can buy without stuffing around with mods is the Piaggio Scarabeo 200 (14kW!).
If you drop a Downtown 350, Tmax or C650 you'll cry yourself to sleep for days, but not so much with a PCX.
The Forza seemed the best trade off on price vs performance, but you've said enough about those to turn me off...

Anyhow, this thread is very interesting to me as I too would like some parts from Yuminashi.
The trouble I see is that their main website lists parts that aren't for sale on the EU website!?

Yuminashi: You've been put on notice. I'm a potential buyer and find this very disturbing given such a simple transaction.

Oyabun: Can you send me Reggie's email address, please?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

OH, OH I know how this thread ends
Putting up the entertainment now before its goes bye bye :roll:

ye shale not speak poorly of potential sponsers

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

@GN2
Thank you for your input, your voice has been heard. I somewhat expected you to be the first with such a comment.

@Chicaboo
I see you understand my point - PM sent.

@homie
I don't get your point. What purpose a forum has if inmates cannot share information? I was not trash talking at all - but shared my real (unfortunately real bad) experience. I have all the emails as evidence, and I have warned them early that if I will not get my issue resolved I will first share my experience with the relevant forums so others can avoid having such a bad treatment, and if it does not help I go to PayPal to get a full refund.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Oyabun wrote:@GN2
I somewhat expected you to be the first with such a comment.
Its been a long time since I made this point in a post on here.
The shoddy service and incompatibility of parts described in your original post comes as no surprise to me.
If you had listened to me you wouldn't be in this mess.

Its good of you to post it as a warning to others, lets them see the reality.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

@GN2
It seems that I follow this forum long enough to read quite a few of those comments from you. I still appreciate your opinion which is quite different from mine.

I still ask you to please stay on topic and stay away from these type of comments "If you had listened to me you wouldn't be in this mess." as it neither helps to resolve the problem, nor relevant. I don't want a bigger, bulkier scooter, I like building things, and I've done my homework to check compatibility - just received a bad customer service from an otherwise decent company.

Just for your information. there is no compatibility issue - given that the seller sends out the proper parts. In other words it is not a design or technical issue, but a customer service fault.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I hope you get it sorted soon before you lose what's left of the better weather.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

gn2 wrote:I hope you get it sorted soon before you lose what's left of the better weather.
Thank you.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

This is not the first time they have had customer service issues. I suspect that they only have one individual there who speaks and understands English, and he could be overloaded if many people in Europe, Australia, the United States, or some other English speaking area send requests that require his attention. Some people have had their issues resolved, but some have not, so it seems to be hit or miss. I would hope that he reads this forum ever so often, because he did answer one of the issues recently addressed on this forum. All you can do is keep trying and maybe, just maybe, he will get back to you.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:This is not the first time they have had customer service issues. I suspect that they only have one individual there who speaks and understands English, and he could be overloaded if many people in Europe, Australia, the United States, or some other English speaking area send requests that require his attention. Some people have had their issues resolved, but some have not, so it seems to be hit or miss. I would hope that he reads this forum ever so often, because he did answer one of the issues recently addressed on this forum. All you can do is keep trying and maybe, just maybe, he will get back to you.
Mel, Europe in the first instance isn't an English speaking area. It's many separate countries, incredibly some of these have their own languages. Some of them for quite a long time.

Many can speak English but it's mostly from education and politeness.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Oyabun wrote:I was holding off with this so far, as I really wanted to give them time to resolve the issue, but I really got fed up by now. I turn to the public knowledge of this forum to advise what to do.
Early in June I have ordered a 150 head and piston set from Yuminashi, which has been marketed as an upgrade for 60mm cylinders (164cc kit).
This was a test as I already had a 164cc cylinder at hand. I've received the delivery in about ten days, only to find that the head was sent out with the single valve springs (even though it was marketed to have the double valve springs installed) and with a copper gasket kit for the 125 head (the water holes were not aligning up with the 150 head).
I have sent a facebook message to Reggy and the issue seemed to get sold with a separate shipment. This is where I made a mistake and oredered further parts, saying they can send evrything out in one shipment so I saved them some money on shipping . The delivery time and service seemed reasonable so I decided to sell my existing cylinder and buy a more expensive, but hopefully more rugged flat deck new cylinder along with a big camshaft and other stuff.
These parts were paid and cleared on the 25 of July, and I expected that I will receive the items in the same time as the one before.
WRONG. The parcel has still not left Thailand, and I still have no reasonable estimation when will I receive it. In fact, I have no reply from them for the last five consecutive days, despite several emails sent to request an update and estimation.
I've heard many stories in the over 40 emails exchanged during this period. I heard that Reggy had ro leave the country for a very sad family issue (My condolences, but a business should run even if the owner is not present) but it was already weeks after I have paid for the items. I have also heard excuses that they are overbooked as everyone wants to have they orders out before winter, that someone did not pick up some parts at the factory, then that the factory workers have left, then the owner has left the country etc. My last information from Danny who used to run the customer services that he got everything covered, and that the next day he will send everything to my way with air parcel, to recover for some of the time lost. It was on the 24th of august. Never heard of him ever since. On my repeated requests for further details Reggy the owner answered that Danny was fired for providing bad customer service and he'll make sure everything goes right. Should I say nothing has happened since then? I've got a single answer on my emails that they are missing the cylinder I have ordered (this was the item what was reported 3 weeks earlier by Danny as finally available) -without any indication of the potential timeframe they will send out the stuff.
I'm completely fed up as it seems that Yuminashi is not able to deliver the goods paid as of now. The sad thing that my ride is in parts, waiting for the new engine parts to arrive for two months now, and I have no indication even when can I expect anything. We're talking about roughly 500 USD paid to Yuminashi altogether and I haven't received anything for the second part, while the first order was not delivered as advertised either.
I feel tool less. What should I do? Should I start a buyer protection claim with paypal and reclaim the money sent to them?
In my eyes Yuminashi has lost all of its reputation built through satisfied customers like Pcxdemon - so at this point in time I cannot recommend to order anything from them at all.
I totally agree with you Oyabun, Yuminahi customer service is CRAP., and you probably are out $500.(let us know if that changes)
the only email they responded to when I ordered stuff and had issues, is from when it was beneficial to their pocket$.
And i'm pretty sure Pcxdemon was getting free parts from "reggy"(that is why all the praise IMO).

If you can, do a engine swap... by extending the frame(engine mount) the stock pcx panels probably could remain stock maybe???

chicaboo not all 14 forzas are crap, find a donor and stuff it into the pcx or...
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Frankly I don't care even if anyone would have received free parts or not. Their flat deck kit looks like the biz, and they are selling higher quality parts from what I seen than the rest. E.g. the high compression piston I've received with the 150 head is miles better cast and finish than the others I've worked with in the scooter upgrade league. The rest of the stuff is many times rebadged OEM Honda stuff manufactured for other bikes and sourced locally sold after some polishing and hype - but again I have absolutely no issues with that as long as they are tested to work as a package. Actually they stuff is resonably priced since they have started to provide free shipping (erm. Shipping included in the price) concept for more expensive parts.
Unfortunately the local road inspection regulation is very strict - I could not get away with a Forza or SH300 engine conversion. Potentially a cylinder stamped with 150cc would not fly if the bike is registered as 125. Not because I would not have an unlimited A licence - but the local transport authority would not even allow a kit car to be officially registered here. Crazy basterds.
I also understand that it might be difficult to find proper local manpower and quite a few things can happen -but hell. I'm the customer who just paid a decent sum (especially compared to Thai local prices).
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Update:
The last email I have received was on 7th. of September, when I got the useless information that my delivery is missing the cylinder, all others are available without even an estimation when they will dispatch the parcel.
On the 12th, of September I've sent a link to this topic, to enable them to react, as well as two reminders since 7th. that I'm still waiting for at least an estimation when will they dispatch the package. I have also declared that in case the issue is not resolved until 19th of September, I will start a buyer protection producere with PayPal for a refund. So far no answer.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You you, I was speaking in generalities when I mentioned Europe. I sincerely doubt that Yuminashi has an interpreter for every language, and English is probably a second language to them, not their primary. As I understand it English is a second language to many many others, so I was making the generalization that the individual who handles their customer relations may be the only one who can discuss the problem coherently with us in English, and he may be overloaded since he has to handle any-and-all complaints addressed in English from customers throughout the world.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

English is a second language to half the Poms in Britian. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only Australians speak proper English :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Recent developments. I have received the following email from Yuminashi customer service:
"Dear sir,
My name is Baron Maxmillian and I am replacing Danny.
I wish to perceive you that my boss Reggy informed and asked me to follow up your order, and I am aware of the situation now.
To inform you we are short of cylinders now at the moment due to high increase in demand from other clients.
Our production department is currently producing a new batch of cylinders at the moment so please just exerciser some patience and we hope everything will be on stock and ready to be shipped by the end of next week.
Best Regards,
Baron Maxmillian,
Masato Co,.Ltd,
Sales Department."

My answer was:
"Dear Baron, welcome on board.

First I have to say it's great to at least receive response on my repeated emails for the last ten days. I wish you'd prove superior to your predecessors though I believe it will not require too much effort.

Second, I have to also declare I don't care about other clients ordering anything. I have paid for this items almost two months ago in full on the 25th of July and after a month of impatient waiting received a note from Danny that it was ready to ship. Nothing happened ever since, and I cannot even use my bike due to the improper first shipment of Yuminashi for the last two months. Now you trying to convince me to wait maybe another ten days before it even gets sure I can get one from the next batch of cylinders because Yuminashi sold the parts for orders received later than mine? Make some effort and get your act together before you loose more clients. The "please be patient" and "we will try" was working the first, second, and even the fourth time but not anymore.
I'm not patient anymore after 50 or so days still receiving an email not containing any firm commitment just a wash of "we hope". The deadline in my last email is the last. If all the items (including the double valve springs and proper gasket set for the 150 head which were not delivered with the last order) is not in shipment on the 19th or a FIRM deadline committed when it be sent out I'm starting a buyer protection case with Paypal for a full refund of both payments.
Tamas
P.s. this email is going to be posted on the forum threads I started to share my customer care experience with Yuminashi."
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yes, take back your payment and then if they contact you with the need to sell you something again you can think about it and RESET THE CLOCK. Deadlines for your options are running out and then you lose control of the funds altogether.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

"My name is Baron Maxmillian"

I have no doubt that's his real name. His boss is Caesar Aurelius.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Bash On! wrote:"My name is Baron Maxmillian"

I have no doubt that's his real name. His boss is Caesar Aurelius.
And he rides a horse called Shergar.