Wider Tires

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Wider Tires

Post by k2apache6.0 »

dasshreddar wrote:
wingz wrote:The speedo on my 150 over-reads by 10%.
140/70-14 OD is 3% more than stock.
150/70-14 OD is 5.6% more than stock.

Is there any chance that a 150/70-14 would fit on the PCX?

Would be nice if I could get a 130/90-14.
I would assume a 150-70 would not fit...
With the 140 you may have to modify the inner fender slightly (kramnala has done this).
The OD percentages quoted here assume fitting to a rim of the correct size, the PCX rims being narrower would pinch in the sidewalls/bead and could increase the diameter more than the mathmatical sum you figured out, at least in theory. Hmmm
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

k2apache6.0 wrote:
FRossi wrote:Guys, any mod was needed at air filter box with 140/70/14?
Thanks for the video and spacer info. I'm about to do the same, but how much clearance is there to the shock springs, is there still room for YSS with wider shock springs to fit for example?
Depending what year you have, but when I did mine I had to lift the splash guard that is between the rear wheel and the motor. I had replaced the stock air filter box with a canister type one which meant part of the support for the splash guard was not attached. I just simply put a ziptie through the bolt hole and attached it to the frame. It has held for the past 2½ years.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

kramnala58 wrote:
k2apache6.0 wrote:
FRossi wrote:Guys, any mod was needed at air filter box with 140/70/14?
Thanks for the video and spacer info. I'm about to do the same, but how much clearance is there to the shock springs, is there still room for YSS with wider shock springs to fit for example?
Depending what year you have, but when I did mine I had to lift the splash guard that is between the rear wheel and the motor. I had replaced the stock air filter box with a canister type one which meant part of the support for the splash guard was not attached. I just simply put a ziptie through the bolt hole and attached it to the frame. It has held for the past 2½ years.

..More concerned with the tire to shock clearance measurement really, mine's a 2013. The other suff is addressed in the video mostly.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113