Comfortable slip on Grip Covers

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ozzy7007

Comfortable slip on Grip Covers

Post by ozzy7007 »

I have been using a set of grip covers on my Silverwing for 4 years, they are very comfortable, so I decided to get a set for my 2013 PCX 150. Got them today , 5 minutes later had them on, what a difference. You can get a set for only $9.98 US dollars and the shipping in the USA is free. These grips are made in the USA, and will last a long time, I have less cramping in my hands since I have been using them.. Go to amazon.com and search for ( grab on grip covers ) the size is the 4.5 inch long, and fits 1.25 inch to 1.5 inch OD.. is the size you want..the instructions tells you to spray with hair spray and then slip them on. Here is how I did it, first you have to trim off about 1/4 inch to make them the correct length, with scissors, I folded the end back over itself about a half of an inch, put some foam soap on the inside and on my grips, then slid it over half way and then unfolded the fold-over and pushed them on the rest of the way. most of the soap was squeezed off, and the remaining small bit of water and suds will just evaporate thru the grips in a few days. ( didn't like that hair spray idea) the ones on my Silverwing were put on with the suds, they are still on and after 4 years and 10,000 miles and plenty of sweat from my hands, they are still in good shape, they must be UV protected and resist grease , salt an other chemicals . Ozzy
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Comfortable slip on Grip Covers

Post by maddiedog »

They're nice, they reduce hand fatigue because you grip less hard. I've been meaning to get some, but haven't yet.

Are these the ones you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Grab-On-Grips-Gri ... rip+covers
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P ya just reminded me that I've got to put mine on! They're called "Grip Puppies" I bought mine a few weeks back at: http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motor ... IPPUP.html
I have read nothing but great reviews regarding their comfort and last-ability (is that a word gn2?)
Thank you ozzie for posting this thread and explaining your method of installing! Now, to do mine ;)
I think they recommend hairspray because of it's "stickey power" but using soapy sounds good to me!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

WhiteNoise wrote:(is that a word gn2?)
Why are you asking me, I don't speak ameriglish. :lol:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Touche! ;) (pronounced too-shey for the rest of ye).
Fair answer. I enjoyed that! :lol: Respectfully I just know,....You know!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Not to be confused with "tushie" of course hahaha!
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

Hey Maddiedog, yea those are the ones I wrote about, or you can look at the reply from WhiteNoise his thread for Grip Puppies, I think they are the same product, I have them both..and they looked the same..Ozzy
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

just quick tip,when i fitted my grips i used brake cleaner,lag it on/in and be quick...the beauty is it evaporates totally.......it worked for me ! just my 2 penny worth like .....
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2 wrote:Not to be confused with "tushie" of course hahaha!
But of course....................Not :P
Cooley_PCX_Rider
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cooley_PCX_Rider »

Well.......thanks to all. Just ordered me a pair this morning.

I've seen these for BMW bikes and they look like a good choice.
I have found the stock grips to be a bit too small a diameter for my hands.

I'm used to Ape Hangers on my Victory.
PCX 150 Rider from East Central Illinois in the middle of the United States of America

ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

Well, what ever works, don't know the chemical make-up of that cleaner, with the suds you can take your time and the suds dry up in about two days and the grips don't move after that, just my two cents, guess the cleaner is OK, Talk to you later. Also...Ozzy :D