PCX LOVER

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

bigdick
Year: 2016
Color: gorgeous white

PCX LOVER

Post by bigdick »

Hi everyone

thought i should introduce myself. I've been riding sports bikes, nakeds, motards and dirt bikes for 6 years. Never thought I'd get a scooter but I love it. I can just about live out of it with all the storage and 12v socket.
I bought it brand new and the dealer says they will honour the 2 year warranty with myself wrenching on it. Cool.

here's my scoot in its usual sexy white.
Attachments
leaning on a tree
leaning on a tree
20170108_115013.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1040 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: PCX LOVER

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums.

And you are right, white for a PCX is gorgeous. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I dunno about the dick, but that sure is a big tree.
What part of Australia are you from?
bigdick

Post by bigdick »

thanks!
sydney. thats alot of mods chicaboo. does it go alot better or are you addicted? i like the pcx because it feels pretty sweet outta the box
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Welcome to another WHITE owner!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

bigdick wrote:thanks!
sydney. thats alot of mods chicaboo. does it go alot better or are you addicted? i like the pcx because it feels pretty sweet outta the box
Hey Mr Big,

Have you ridden the old Pacific HWY and gone to Pie in the Sky afterwards for lunch? Those were some good times back in the day. :D

The red things aren't on the scooter yet. They are there in red waiting for me to get my finger out and install them some day.
I'm trying to sort out a fuel controller before I install the BBK, etc. I did have a fuel interceptor I made, but have lost it... :oops:
I might make a temporary fuel controller again out of a trim-pot on the EGO as a stop-gap to get me by until something happens.

But the scoot does go heaps better than when I first got it. Going from a max speed of 95kph to 115kph (120kph if I cheat).
I'm 6'2" and 120kg, so I can never expect stellar performance. But the BBK will make the scooter more capable for my size.
As it is, the exhaust and sliders have alleviated the flat-spot from 40-70kph and given me much more acceleration to 80kph.

I'm not addicted. I deliberately bought a small cheap scoot to start on and tinker with. I guess you can call it a project bike?
After I've installed the BBK and applied the decals/stickers, I may just try out another seat for comfort and a fast throttle tube.
I have in mind to buy a bigger scoot or a bike up to 650cc for longer rides. Something that's not knocked around by the wind as much.

What other rides do you currently have?
bigdick

Post by bigdick »

chic, sure have done serpents way. used to eat at road warriors. tried sky pie for the last time last year.
thats a huge improvement on the scoot. is that 115 by gps? mine redlines or something at abt 112 indicated.

i have a CF Moto Leader 150 also. its the bike i had before i bought the scoot. i let the chain get too loose and attempted a doughie but cracked a hole in the engine case. bought the scooter waiting on parts from china..
its fixed now so its for sale. the scooter is waaaaay better.

the bike ive owned in the past for the longest was a DRZ400SM with a bigger carb and a full yoshi. it was rude asf. its nice to not have cops eyes on me all the time with the scoot
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I haven't checked my speedo calibration with a GPS, I should probably get around to that, but I'm not terribly bothered.
Mine bounces off the rev limiter at an indicated 130kph. The older OWL models are known to be faster than the LEDs.

Too bad about the CF. Apparently they've made improvements with their new NK400/650. I'd still rather have one of the big 4 myself.
Those DRZs are pretty popular up here, too. Even though my scoot is noisy, I've not had any trouble with the plod, thankfully.

Are you on a full or restricted licence? Keen on any of the bigger 400-650s? Lots of good nakeds to choose from these days.
bigdick

Post by bigdick »

Full licence. I'm keen on a few bikes bigger bikes - CB500F, CB650F, er6n but I think I'll get another dirtbike first.
Owned a brand new CF Moto 150NK for about two months. Hated that bike. Very harsh fuel injection.
I ponder about the newer 650/400. Would love to test ride them. Sometimes you only notice the bad points when you work on them.
Luckily my dad has a K1300S HP which he doesn't use very often..

I do try to keep off the big bikes cause I can't help myself.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

bigdick wrote:Full licence. I'm keen on a few bikes bigger bikes - CB500F, CB650F,..

I do try to keep off the big bikes cause I can't help myself.
Hi BigDick,

I feel like I am going to get banned for using your name :D The CB500X is much better than the CB500F, make sure you actually sit on one before you buy anything. Big bikes have their place, but there are times when small and light like the PCX is so much fun !!!! Do not let anyone shame you out of riding that scooter. The answer is to ride them all, have a blast, and screw what anyone else thinks.

The only thing I HATE is the white color, that is also she slowest color of PCX, you probably lost 5 MPH off the top end right there... I am getting a Forza, but absolutely love the Dark Metallic RED Honda PCX.

Mike