Got me a 2016 pcx 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Got me a 2016 pcx 150

Post by happyscooter »

Finally found me a great deal. 2016 model with 3 miles on it for $2800. bought a top box off ebay for 50 bux ($25+$25 for shipping)
heres a pic of it.

The story from the dealer is an old man bought it and thought he could ride it. it fell on him and scuffed the lower side panel some. Dealer gave me a new lower panel replacement. cant beat that deal! only 3 miles.

in case anyone asks heres the top case i bought. i didnt even get a honda bracket like i should have i just got longer bolts and fit the top case's base to the back of the pcx. it works great holding up nice and firm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/361512186642?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Attachments
pcx150.jpg
pcx150.jpg (489.25 KiB) Viewed 697 times
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Got me a 2016 pcx 150

Post by GeezyRider »

Sounds like you got an awesome deal especially if the dealer installed the new panel for you. Nice, economical job on the top box also.

Question: what are the inverted cones on the mirror stalks? Did they just slip off of the mirrors and slide down the stalks?
happyscooter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by happyscooter »

the panel they gave me. they must of had it on order for awhile. it was the lowest fairing on the right side so it was a very easy switch out. same color and all. and yeah the pyramid things are the boots wiggled down i think its from when i adjusted my mirrors while doing 40 mph lol. Plus i did add a gps mount on the handlebar so you can see that sticking up

And ide also add i got a big fat melon head so i have a size 4x helmet and it fits nicely in the top case but the helmet wont fit under the seat.
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

Great deal! Almost as good as mine. I paid for a 2016, $2600 out the door with 500 miles. I absolutely love this little pony. In fact I am packed and ready to run the Blue Ridge Parkway from Charlottesville to Deals Gap this coming weekend!
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
Amaral
Year: 2012
Color: white

Post by Amaral »

Looks good. I like the maroon red on it.
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

Congratulations, good deal. Can't blame the older guy for trying and quitting; can't afford many falls when your bones are brittle, right?

When my brother and I were kids, my grandpa bought a moped so he could ride bikes with us, it was really fun. One time, my brother was going down this big hill with this little bike with 12" wheels and a chopper handlebar, probably every bit of 28 mph. He was going too fast, my grandpa was behind us yelling: "Slow down Macker!" but he was frozen with fear. The front wheel started wobbling until he lost control and went over the handlebar. Broke off two teeth out on the street, which a nice neighbor lady picked up, put on ice and delivered to us. They re-attached them, and 30 years later, they're still good!

Pop couldn't keep up on the moped, because it was governor limited to 20 or 25 mph. I still remember that day like it was yesterday; horrifying. We were wearing our hockey helmets, left over from when our uncle was a kid, or he would've probably knocked his brains out. We HATED wearing them, but Pop insisted. Thank goodness.
-Jeremy