photobucket has ruined forum archives...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

photobucket has ruined forum archives...

Post by homie »

I knew that photobucket was a bad idea and never used it, always just resized my own pics and upload directly from PC. Many, many people had gotten in bed with photobucket and now years later they hold every image they ever hosted for ransom. Forum archives everywhere with our precious favorite tutorials and mod threads are showing 'no link' until the owners pay the rent.

These bastards had this planned for years so beware hooking up with third party BS like this please. Fabulous and wonderful tips and tricks, mods, to include your private photo storage have pretty much been gutted from wherever you posted them because of dumbass photobucket :x I hate em!

Sorry since I don't use PB i'm just now catching up to why archives are so screwed up in my bike forums. No one is going to pay 400.00 a year just to repair their threads so PB has screwed us good. I propose a class action legal suit so people can have their images unlocked and that company be made an example of.
https://www.complaintsboard.com/photobucket-b121708
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Re: photobucket has ruined forum archives...

Post by homie »

For example look how worthless this post is since photobucket executed its diabolical master plan.

http://ausbuells.informe.com/forum/buel ... t4081.html
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I've seen a few of those icons on this board as well. Makes sense that they would finally pull the plug on their free services.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by eggman »

will google photos work?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

GeorgeSK wrote:I've seen a few of those icons on this board as well. Makes sense that they would finally pull the plug on their free services.
You mean pull a gun :roll: People are furious over the move and I don't blame them, hell I'm pissed and don't even use the service. But because of the beloved forum archives they've spoiled they must be dissolved.

Eggman I would trust Google to host anything for free. The even host my business websites for free and don't demand to run ads on them. Google has more money than God and doesn't run long game setups and scams or nickel and dime for their services. Is why they've become KING of the world :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Dang! I was wondering what the heck was going on! Photos on the forum disappearing. Black boxes remain telling us to join or update or something? Not happening! I'd be furious if they were mine! My photos move from my computer, iPad or mobile phone. Never used photobucket. Glad I didn't.
Sorry to those that have. Robbery!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by GlassMan »

Glad my Tech savvy kids warned me about PB a long time ago....NEVER USE IT!!!!