to AVOID on the road

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

ehdlhou

to AVOID on the road

Post by ehdlhou »

hi guys, anyone like to share what to avoid on the road while having joy ride (i mean riding the PCX)
like; big rocks, sands, oil spills, how about Police.

any experience good or bad.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: to AVOID on the road

Post by maddiedog »

I've never had trouble with the police.

Obviously, avoid cars and trucks. :lol:

Especially in the USA now that it's fall, watch out for wet leaves. Wet leaves or pinestraw on the road can be almost as slick as oil.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Here in the UK avoid the metal manhole covers, also at this time of year the farmers seem to be putting most of their fields onto the roads too!!
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

here in the UK avoid me, their don't call me mr magoo for nothing :lol:
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

You are in ACT right? Wallabies and kangaroos jumping in front of you in rural areas usually after dark, would ruin your trip.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ehdlhou wrote:hi guys, anyone like to share what to avoid on the road while having joy ride (i mean riding the PCX)
like; big rocks, sands, oil spills, how about Police.

any experience good or bad.
Avoid bumping into hard objects
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Claw hammers.
One fell off a truck, hit the road and bounced past my head a while back.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

to AVOID on the road

Post by AustinPCX »

Entire back bumper of the car in front of me fell off. Ran right over it doing 58 mph on the PCX, no damage whatsoever!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

to AVOID on the road

Post by Alibally »

Suicidal rabbits running about the road.
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

Taz wrote:You are in ACT right? Wallabies and kangaroos jumping in front of you in rural areas usually after dark, would ruin your trip.

one time driving to work (night shift) hit & killed kanggaro with my Ford Territory.
damages to left front pannel & headlight.
scary.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012

Post by djcat »

Avoid falling off?
Keebler Dwarf

Post by Keebler Dwarf »

Alibally wrote:Suicidal rabbits running about the road.
Or as my brother learned, avoid popping wheelies without a helmet at night and then falling off your bike and getting injured and then after the fact claiming the reason you fell off your bike was became of a suicidal rabbit running about the road in order to hide your attempt to pop a wheelie in the dark without a helmet...

(We can joke about it because he's okay.)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Oh my, your brother doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the box. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

I live in Florida USA, the paint for striping the roads here becomes extremely thick from layer after layer and is as slippery as manhole covers when wet.
Keebler Dwarf

Post by Keebler Dwarf »

maddiedog wrote:Oh my, your brother doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the box. :lol:
He's not so bad as all that, let's just say he's had lots of opportunities for "applied learning".
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

to AVOID on the road

Post by Alibally »

Keebler Dwarf wrote:
maddiedog wrote:Oh my, your brother doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the box. :lol:
He's not so bad as all that, let's just say he's had lots of opportunities for "applied learning".
Should maybe be nominated for one of these. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards ;)
Keebler Dwarf

Post by Keebler Dwarf »

Alibally wrote:
Keebler Dwarf wrote:
Should maybe be nominated for one of these. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards ;)
Wow, this got dark in a hurry. Suppose we can steer this formerly light-hearted conversation away from the hypothetical death of family members?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Keebler! It's okay, these guys just like to have some fun (maybe a wee bit more than one would expect, especially if you are new to the forums). Stick around and you will see what I mean. No harm meant, really ;)
Back to topic, Squirrels. They are nutter than the ones they eat...and to me, just as bad as rabbits. They Go left, Stop! go right, Stop! forward then circle or turn around...what the ? I don't like snakes! Been in my path twice (total surprise). Okay, that's my input :? Oh yeah, Lions and Tigers and Bears!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

Avoid gravity, they leave it everywhere !
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

scisor34 wrote:I live in Florida USA, the paint for striping the roads here becomes extremely thick from layer after layer and is as slippery as manhole covers when wet.
So it must be about as bad as here in Phuket/Thailand. Just the potholes are even worse, and the first rain after a longer dry period make the road feel like soft soap.
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)