General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

maestro

Post by maestro »

Just a quick hello. I have had my scoot for 6monfs and it's now on 3500mls, I ride it 6 days a week to work and it's great. I'm getting a 110mpg week in week out( got to be happy with that). This is my first scoot as I have been on bigger bikes for 15yrs, the thing that makes me laugh though is the fact no motorcyclists now nod at me :roll:

It's a black one and since owning it I have fitted a givi screen and twin horns for more presence on the rd as people think it ok to shuv you out the way. And also disconnected the Speedo to keep the mileage down and make for cheaper servicing while under warranty period

Lastly I have come to this site from the other site as j don't need a new kitchen, drugs or an I pad.

Cheers Lee
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: new member

Post by gn2 »

maestro wrote:don't need a new kitchen, drugs or an I pad
Is that because you have already bought those with your Nigerian lottery winnings...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to the forum(s)! :) You'll find "This Is" the place to be.
About disconnecting your speedo/odometer? :roll: Do you think you'll ever sell or trade your bike in? Would you want to be the buyer? Hmmm.....just my thoughts maestro, I'm not in favor. Oh, about the big bikers not nodding, waving, acknowledging you...same here 90% of the time. I nod anyway, I've even tagged along behind them and then change direction at will. Who cares, their loss. Better to be friendly, I say. ;) Rider safe.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

maestro wrote: no motorcyclists now nod at me :roll:
Yup...scooters are at the bottom of the road vehicle food chain - one notch above cyclists! :lol:
maestro

Post by maestro »

[quote="WhiteNoise"]Welcome to the forum(s)! :) You'll find "This Is" the place to be.
About disconnecting your speedo/odometer? :roll: Do you think you'll ever sell or trade your bike in? Would you want to be the buyer? Hmmm.....just my thoughts maestro, I'm not in favor.

I will sell the bike one day but I only disconnect the Speedo to keep costs down while in warranty period, it does get looked after so I won't look like a high miler besides when I'm finished with it it won't be worth a balloon on a stick
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Hello and welcome to the forum

Not sure about your practice of disconecting the speedo, but there we go it's your choice.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JGC wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum

Not sure about your practice of disconecting the speedo, but there we go it's your choice.

What has society come too....
maestro

Post by maestro »

qed wrote:
JGC wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum

What has society come too....
Society has come to austerity measures, times is hard
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

My PCX came with a 2 year warranty and needs to be serviced either every XXX km or every 6 months. So disconnecting the speedo would still mean I need to take it in every 6 mths for a service anyway. The only change I did was switch from the Honda dealer to a local motorbike garage who charges reasonable service fees, not high Honda service fees.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

maestro wrote:Just a quick hello. I have had my scoot for 6monfs and it's now on 3500mls, I ride it 6 days a week to work and it's great. I'm getting a 110mpg week in week out( got to be happy with that). This is my first scoot as I have been on bigger bikes for 15yrs, the thing that makes me laugh though is the fact no motorcyclists now nod at me :roll:
Grats on your scoot! There are a few guys at my work that ride Harley's and Victory motorcycles. They all razzed me a bit about the scooter at first, but now they nod to me anytime I am out on my scooter and they are on their bikes. I do not get nods from other motorcyclists though.
And also disconnected the Speedo to keep the mileage down and make for cheaper servicing while under warranty period
Not sure that's a good idea. Nothing against you, but it seems kinda dishonest.
maestro

Post by maestro »

And also disconnected the Speedo to keep the mileage down and make for cheaper servicing while under warranty period
Not sure that's a good idea. Nothing against you, but it seems kinda dishonest.[/quote]

I'm only being dishonest to Honda motor corporation, they won't miss me not turning up for a couple of services but I'll miss the money it costs.. Times is ard son
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

maestro wrote:
Not sure that's a good idea. Nothing against you, but it seems kinda dishonest.
I'm only being dishonest to Honda motor corporation, they won't miss me not turning up for a couple of services but I'll miss the money it costs.. Times is ard son[/quote]

OK For what it's worth, you are not only being dishonest to Honda motor corporation. How do you know you are not speeding in a built up area? If you get stopped and they find the speedo disconnected, I rather think you'll find they will take a dim view of that.
As I said in an earlier post, it's your choice and your gamble with your licence.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Probably am speeding a little but I will be safer than people talkin on their mobile phones or brushing their hair or just just generally not concentrating on the rd

I love making new pals on forum's :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Son? :roll: Was that necessary maestro? Phil are you? Some of us just disagree with your practices, and this is a forum where we often disagree with one another. I welcome you again :) and I will refrain from further comment on your disconnected speedo.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Son? :roll: Was that necessary maestro? Phil are you? Some of us just disagree with your practices, and this is a forum where we often disagree with one another. I welcome you again :) and I will refrain from further comment on your disconnected speedo.
Nope, no relation here. :lol:
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Disconnecting your speedo or doing anything else that breaks the law is not a good thing to put down in writing! The problem with saying so in a forum is its there in writing for a long time, for as long as this forum exists, and especially on this forum you can't go back and edit old posts unless we can get Dave to do some data scrubbing. take care on your pcx and take care on the internet and welcome.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I think we are all getting a bit prissy and self rightous here. Its up to maestro what he does with his bike.

Son wasn't derogatory in the slightest, its just a saying
maestro

Post by maestro »

Correct, son was in no way derogatory.

Anyhow hi everyone :oops:
maestro

Post by maestro »

I always was that one who came crashing into the quiet rooms :D like on some mothers do ave em
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

maestro wrote:I always was that one who came crashing into the quiet rooms :D like on some mothers do ave em
You mean the one who runs his mouth off without thinking.......