New Member in Arizona

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ms_sparky

New Member in Arizona

Post by ms_sparky »

Hi all! I just bought my black PCX150 two weeks ago. I rode a Honda 50cc in high school, (which I'll just say was too long ago to admit on this forum). I need to get a bigger windscreen so I'll be doing some research and I appreciate any suggestions and advice.
I'm really excited about riding again.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New Member in Arizona

Post by gn2 »

ms_sparky wrote:I rode a Honda 50cc in high school, (which I'll just say was too long ago to admit on this forum)..
Hi and welcome. :)
Why be reluctant to tell your age?
With age comes wisdom you know ;)
Your 50cc can't have been much before 1960...?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

Thanks for the welcome, gn2. I'll just say, I'm very wise. My previous bike was a powder-blue 1981 Honda Express SR, and it was brand new at the time. It topped-out at 38mph...on a good day...with the wind at my back. ;)
This PCX150 is a blast to ride. I actually feel like there's a legitimate reason to wear my helmet.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome from NY! It's a blast getting back in the saddle again heh and yes, a helmet is a Very good idea (okay a must in "my" gear wear :D ). Good luck picking the right screen for your needs, there are several to choose from. If you have questions, fire away and we'll try to help. Enjoy your ride...."Oh, what a Feeling!" 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Welcome! I'll also be getting a windscreen, but that will wait until next summer.
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

philvb wrote:Welcome! I'll also be getting a windscreen, but that will wait until next summer.
Hey, Phil! Do you know which one you're getting? I don't know brands except Givi but I do know I don't one that's too tall, and I think I want a smoke colored one.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

There's a short givi, tall givi, 4 diff types of Ermax, Puig and Bullster, that I know of. There are also Thailand ones that look ok on photos but I have no idea how to source them, though Black Bandit here may assist. Mine is the ermax +25 which is in between the short and tall givi in size and I think you can buy in different smoke shades. I bought mine from http://same-same.fr/ but also on fleebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280610635933 ... 1423.l2649 Looks like shade options are clear, smoky, clear/black or grey. Make sure you request the trim around it if you want that as one user here reported his ermax arrived without the trim.
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

Taz wrote:There's a short givi, tall givi, 4 diff types of Ermax, Puig and Bullster, that I know of. There are also Thailand ones that look ok on photos but I have no idea how to source them, though Black Bandit here may assist. Mine is the ermax +25 which is in between the short and tall givi in size and I think you can buy in different smoke shades. I bought mine from http://same-same.fr/ but also on fleebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280610635933 ... 1423.l2649 Looks like shade options are clear, smoky, clear/black or grey. Make sure you request the trim around it if you want that as one user here reported his ermax arrived without the trim.
Ooh, thanks Taz! I really like the Ermax +25 with the trim. I'm going to order it. :D
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Welcome to the forum ms_sparky. Glad to have you and your new PCX on board. I just bought mine about 3 weeks ago too. Good choice on the ERMAX shield. They are durable and strong. Though mine doesn't have the trim but I will make it myself.

Can't wait to see yours mate. Cheers!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Here is a thai screen http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=830 which may be a bit cheaper than the Ermax but trim will add a few dollars if you source that seperately.
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Good luck on that Ermax. Seems they are widely available everywhere but the US. I tried twice to order one from the other side of the pond, but with no luck. Had to cancel my orders due to shoddy customer service or just ignoring my order.

Presently I'm waiting to see if the tall Givi I ordered will magically appear. Don't know why I've had such bad luck so far...
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

Urbanian wrote:Good luck on that Ermax. Seems they are widely available everywhere but the US. I tried twice to order one from the other side of the pond, but with no luck. Had to cancel my orders due to shoddy customer service or just ignoring my order.

Presently I'm waiting to see if the tall Givi I ordered will magically appear. Don't know why I've had such bad luck so far...

I see what you mean about the Ermax being hard to find here in the U.S.

I saw this at a local scooter club ride. I like the look of this windshield, but I'm not sure where to find it.
Attachments
pcx windscreen.jpeg
pcx windscreen.jpeg (156 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Love the KEVLAR look to it!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Kevlar?
Kevlar is yellow.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

or you could call it "Carbon fiber" as well.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Carbon is right Bandit ;)
Say, isn't that screen the Honda option screen? If so, that can be had easy peezy (cost is a bit higher though). Is that a deflector on top of it?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Carbon fibre isn't Kevlar.
Or more correctly, carbon fibre isn't Kevlar®
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Kevlar is an aramid fiber not carbon fiber and is yellow. Used in some bike jeans
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Example of kevlar jeans can be found here: http://www.gussetclothing.com
What is the thread topic again? :lol: I love when this happens...too funny!
ms_sparky

Post by ms_sparky »

WhiteNoise wrote:Example of kevlar jeans can be found here: http://www.gussetclothing.com
What is the thread topic again? :lol: I love when this happens...too funny!
This is fantastic! I now know everything I ever wanted to know about Kevlar vs. carbon fiber (fibre). ;)
I'm going to check with the motorcycle shop about that windscreen, and will update. The front wheel cover/fender also looks carbon fibre. I like!