Highway Pegs Install - PCX

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Highway Pegs - PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Wow! Not only are they functional, but they look really nice too. Great job!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

SUCCESS IS YOURS! Congrats, pegs are mounted. A First here onboard the PCX. A Neat and Secure Fit.
I tip my lid to you 8)

Okay salcar57, as homie suggested above, I ask...would you agree to me changing your thread title to: "Highway Pegs (PCX)"

If you're ok with that then I'll make that change. We'll then move this thread over to the "PCX How-To" board on our forum where it deserves to be. There it will be easily found by all and Not lost in a myriad of forum(s) threads. Ezy Peasy

At some point, I will try to place your photo's in their proper order, reverse of what they are now (so your bottom photo will begin/start the photo shoot. That "would then be correct," .... am I right?)
It will be your photo's captioning that will take me some time. I'll give it a go. One step at a time.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

So, is this a Forza or a PCX?

It's in the Forza 300 section. I'm confused - my wife says I am all the time, so no big deal...…...
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Maybe they just like the fresh air on their gonads.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Limey wrote:So, is this a Forza or a PCX? It's in the Forza 300 section. I'm confused - my wife says I am all the time, so no big deal...…...
:lol: :lol: :lol: yes its complicated. Future searchers will never find this. I suggest admin do something... anything at this point. Rename it, move it, separate it. We kinda want to keep it for the day we strip a PCX down to the frame and have nothing better to do but add highway pegs :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Say whaaaat? Did you overlook my last post? :D I'll do what "I can"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
salcar57
Year: 2018
Color: White

Post by salcar57 »

homie wrote:I agree with George that was FUN! A person would really have to want it bad for the effort but Daham nice work! One of the down sides of scooters over all other bikes is the running boards concerning your dirty, muddy or oily boot riding on them. I find myself wiping down the runners and windscreen after every ride on PCX and that's one more thing than I do for the Buell... so YAY for pegs :D

PS those lower side panels you knocked out holes in are less than 40 bucks for the set... so no real concern.

Plus I bet this has a benefit un-intended for the natural side forward on the saddle. Probably the best solution to the uncomfortable seat on PCX we've seen... and that wasn't even your mission :lol:
The panels were $24 for the kickstand side and $17 for the other side, no big deal...nothing on these bikes is really expensive. Yes, even after having a custom seat made with backrests it was still uncomfortable but now with the pegs and handlebar adjustment I can basically lean back all I want and stretch out for a very comfortable ride now. I had no choice but to do this mod between my arthritis in my knees and being too tall for the bike.
salcar57

Post by salcar57 »

WhiteNoise wrote:SUCCESS IS YOURS! Congrats, pegs are mounted. A First here onboard the PCX. A Neat and Secure Fit.
I tip my lid to you 8)

Okay salcar57, as homie suggested above, I ask...would you agree to me changing your thread title to: "Highway Pegs (PCX)"

If you're ok with that then I'll make that change. We'll then move this thread over to the "PCX How-To" board on our forum where it deserves to be. There it will be easily found by all and Not lost in a myriad of forum(s) threads. Ezy Peasy

At some point, I will try to place your photo's in their proper order, reverse of what they are now (so your bottom photo will begin/start the photo shoot. That "would then be correct," .... am I right?)
It will be your photo's captioning that will take me some time. I'll give it a go. One step at a time.
Great idea! I'm fine with that... Since I'm new here and not familiar with how to rename & move things around please take care of that, Thank you!
salcar57

Post by salcar57 »

homie wrote:
Limey wrote:So, is this a Forza or a PCX? It's in the Forza 300 section. I'm confused - my wife says I am all the time, so no big deal...…...
:lol: :lol: :lol: yes its complicated. Future searchers will never find this. I suggest admin do something... anything at this point. Rename it, move it, separate it. We kinda want to keep it for the day we strip a PCX down to the frame and have nothing better to do but add highway pegs :lol:
Yes this is on a PCX. Sorry for the inconvenience due to my lack of knowledge of getting around this forum right now... But WhiteNoise offered to help me out and make the necessary changes for me. Whatever it takes to help out the other members is what it's all about.
salcar57

Post by salcar57 »

salcar57 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:SUCCESS IS YOURS! Congrats, pegs are mounted. A First here onboard the PCX. A Neat and Secure Fit.
I tip my lid to you 8)

Great idea! I'm fine with that... Since I'm new here and not familiar with how to rename & move things around please take care of that, Thank you!
By the way, thank you for the compliments!
salcar57

Post by salcar57 »

GeorgeSK wrote:Wow. You must have REALLY wanted the mod - what a lot of work. I admire your courage to modify your new machine. The job came out great!
Not so much that I wanted the mod, more like I needed it due to my knees being in my throat. I was too cramped up on this bike & after looking at different scoots this is the only one I could find with normal handlebars that I could adjust which I did push forward 4". Every other manufacturer's scoots had fixed bars. So between moving the bars & having a custom seat built with a 3" pushback my arms are much straighter. Next step was giving myself more leg room so I came up with my foot peg idea. Yes, it was a lot of work but well worth it now.