Not trying to Ruffle feathers, but...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Not trying to Ruffle feathers, but...

Post by Shoe »

Why is there a limited amount of posters on this forum!

It's quite obvious that we attract posters from around the Globe, enjoy our scooters, yet only a few members seem to contribute!

We took a website in Michigan started in 2000 and managed it to to almost 50000 members in a matter of 10 years.

Not bashing the Mods, but can't we get get the word out?

BTW, I. Love this forum
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Not trying to Ruffle feathers, but...

Post by jasontheparamedic »

I enjoy this forum too. This site is a cut above the rest indeed, but lets face it, the PCX has been around for a couple years and I tend to get writers block about what to talk about when it comes to the PCX or motorbikes in general. If Honda would continue to improve upon the PCX with new and exciting stuff that would be great as this would generate some nice things to talk about. A big hopeful would be a bigger engine, beyond the 25cc upgrade from earlier in the year.
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

there are actually quite a lot of awesome things to discuss about the PCX, you just gotta DYI them to find them out.
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

Just a quick note that I'm going to pick up my PCX125 this weekend. Looking forward to my first ride after getting my learners riding license.
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Shoe wrote:Why is there a limited amount of posters on this forum!

It's quite obvious that we attract posters from around the Globe, enjoy our scooters, yet only a few members seem to contribute!

We took a website in Michigan started in 2000 and managed it to to almost 50000 members in a matter of 10 years.

Not bashing the Mods, but can't we get get the word out?

BTW, I. Love this forum

what kind of website was that?

one factor may be that this is a one bike forum, so that kind of limits things.

another factor could be that the PCX is a bike that a lot of people buy as their first bike. as a result a lot of people come and go as they upgrade to a bigger bike in a relatively short time.

a lot of the guys like me that have been here for awhile are more mature riders with more than one bike or at least the PCX is not our first bike.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

My feathers are ruffled! :P

If you google "Honda PCX forum," we're the #1 result. I won't advertise, because this isn't a commercial site -- I pay for and lose money to keep this site up (not much at all though -- I already have the hosting, all I have to pay for is the domain). I have no plans on commercializing it either, because the content on the site is better if it's kept unbiased.

Any lack of posting is simply from a lack of interest. I think haildamage's opinion is dead-on. I love my PCX, but it's certainly not my only bike, and couldn't be. I'll always keep it because I love it for commuting, but I'll always have a larger bike too for highway cruising.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Well its a busy time of year for most members just had xmas and the new year where a lot of members are spending time with loved ones,
Please don't forget for a lot of members its the winter season so less bikes are on the road which equals less posts. :geek:
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

maddiedog wrote:My feathers are ruffled! :P

If you google "Honda PCX forum," we're the #1 result. I won't advertise, because this isn't a commercial site -- I pay for and lose money to keep this site up (not much at all though -- I already have the hosting, all I have to pay for is the domain). I have no plans on commercializing it either, because the content on the site is better if it's kept unbiased.

Any lack of posting is simply from a lack of interest. I think haildamage's opinion is dead-on. I love my PCX, but it's certainly not my only bike, and couldn't be. I'll always keep it because I love it for commuting, but I'll always have a larger bike too for highway cruising.
You guys are probably dead-on. Our website is outdoor-based with many aspects within.

I do appreciate the wisdom and effort of all the contributing members (and the Admin!). Seems like a great bunch throughout the ranks. It is a small niche and I enjoy being a part of it!

I might occasionally post some off-topic tidbits of other hobbies of mine, like fishing, scenery, photography, if you guys don't mind. Reading about other parts of the world is also fascinating, especially the fauna and travels within.

We already have one thing in common!
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

It's cold and wet! :(
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

This is certainly a very good forum to belong too. Certainly my PCX is not my only bike (The other being my Deauville) The PCX gets more use as I use it for my local commutre to work (weather permitting, don'tmind getting wetting , don't like getting drowned)
This site does have useful contributions, postings on these forums do tend to drop off over holiday periods and during summer months for obvious reasons.
Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Trying to get the word out requires people with interest to the pcx... and i dont know about you, but even living in a satellite area of a big metropolitan city, ive only 'heard' theres 1 other pcx rolling around the city, and have yet to see them.
Keebler Dwarf

Post by Keebler Dwarf »

Personally, I like the content of this site. It's nice to have a site with such a high signal to noise ratio, where any time there is an update or a new thread I can pretty quickly see if it's of interest to me and I don't have to wade through a slew of off-topic posts just to get at the real meat of the thread.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Maddie
This is now my favorite PCX forum site. Great job in moderating!
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

dasshreddar wrote:It's cold and wet! :(
Not everywhere :D We have about 32°C and sunshine. It is almost too hot to ride my PCX ;)
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

It's 43C here and hot tomorrow and most likely there'll be bush fires .. want to swap?
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

FritzPinguin wrote:
dasshreddar wrote:It's cold and wet! :(
Not everywhere :D We have about 32°C and sunshine. It is almost too hot to ride my PCX ;)
Whaddaya talkin' bout Fritz?? The weather is fantastic! I been out bashing all over the countryside almost everyday for the past 2 months. Though there were times that the sun really did go on overheat for a few days. Today was really nice 8)

BTW, This is my favorite site to come to too. Maddie is super kewl and I Love gn2's sarcasm. It's what keeps the Variators going round :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

:lol: Thanks everyone. I try to do an ok job. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes