Hand Mitts

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Hand Mitts

Post by Urbanian »

A local scooter acquaintance told me the two most important pieces of gear that keep him riding into the colder months are a good windshield, and good hand mitts. He recommended the obscenely ugly, but highly affordable ScootR Logic hand mitts. On his recommendation I ordered and quickly received the mitts.

They are remarkably easy to slip on and off the bike, which is why I pulled them off the other day since there was chance of rain. They are advertised as “waterproof”, but I didn’t want to chance them getting soggy, so off they came.

This evening I had to dash out on an errand. For the very first time, my hands got cold. Freezing cold! Only a half mile down the road I spun a U turn, and headed home to put the mitts back on the bike. Momentarily I was on my way again, but my hands didn’t warm before I reached my destination. On my return, I didn’t notice any chill on my hands at all.

I’m a real wimp when it comes to cold, so I always wear heavy gloves. Truly it took some getting used to for me to be able to ride confidently with my gloved hands inside the mitts. Once the skill is learned, it is far better to ride with gloves and mitts than it is with fingers numbed from frostbite.

So if you want to ride without freezing your knuckles off (in 22 F degrees, like it was here this evening), and you don't care if the neighbors laugh at your ugly mitts, get a set of ScootR Logic hand mitts, and get used to riding with them. They are well worth the money and the scorn.
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Hand Mitts

Post by Cracksta »

Been riding through the bitter cold in london everyday, even my new 'winter' gloves helps but still get frozen fingers, i do think muffs will help greatly!

how does this compare with the tuscano ones? already got a white givi storage box on the back, might as well go all the way with the pizza delivery look lol
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cracksta wrote:Been riding through the bitter cold in london everyday, even my new 'winter' gloves helps but still get frozen fingers, i do think muffs will help greatly!

how does this compare with the tuscano ones? already got a white givi storage box on the back, might as well go all the way with the pizza delivery look lol
It's always balmy in London...

Can you fit heated grips as well as the mitts
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Don’t know much about the Tuscano muffs, but I think they are more “fitted”. ScootR Logic is more “one-size-fits-all”. Likely you can get a larger glove into the ScootR mitts. Then again, you won’t need as heavy of a glove if you have the protection of a mitt or muff. I’m sure many mitt/muff users don’t wear gloves at all.

Tuscano costs 4x more than ScootR Logic

Sorry, I don’t know nothin ‘bout no heated grips.
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

They had some attached to a PCX at our local showroom. I was reluctant at first not being familiar with all the controls, but after 400+ Miles they seem to be a pretty nice feature and of decent quality.

I don't recall the actual price, but it seemed reasonable
brains_t
Regular User
Regular User

Post by brains_t »

I use silk-like inner gloves which work well for commuting
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Shoe wrote:They had some attached to a PCX at our local showroom.
What kind were they?