CBS on the 1st gen. Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

CBS on the 1st gen. Forza

Post by fish »

Only recently read that the Forza had CBS brakes.
Rode that thing for 2 years and never knew that!
Yeah, at my speed I'm a real tech head.
Fish
prettiest scooter I've ever owned
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: CBS on the 1st gen. Forza

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah yes I remember that scoot, Purdy.
"Owned" :cry: key word.
(I didn't know Forza had CBS either).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Mine ain’t pretty but neither am I

New tires when reach 100 K km!!!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I can't wait for the pic of the odo after it turns. Given your use, I'm looking forward to the scoot outlasting me.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

GeorgeSK wrote:I can't wait for the pic of the odo after it turns. Given your use, I'm looking forward to the scoot outlasting me.
It went from 99999 to 100000 today in kilometers.

I almost ran out of gas because I was not paying attention. I wish the gas gauge worked properly.

GN4: How many miles did you do on your Forza?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

As far as I remember it was 33,500 miles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Good afternoon gentlemen. You've never tried getting the scooter off the double stand while pressing the left lever? Not possible! Congrats on your six figures Dave. I'm@54.093. Have a nice weekend. Greetings from Cyprus.
Attachments
Honda Forza 300 (7) (23-08-2018).jpg
Honda Forza 300 (7) (23-08-2018).jpg (89.74 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Honda Forza 300 (6).JPG
Honda Forza 300 (6).JPG (750.84 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Honda Forza 300 (5).JPG
Honda Forza 300 (5).JPG (783.33 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Honda Forza 300 (4).JPG
Honda Forza 300 (4).JPG (797.85 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Honda Forza 300 (3).JPG
Honda Forza 300 (3).JPG (801.36 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Honda Forza 300 (2).JPG
Honda Forza 300 (2).JPG (815.23 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Honda Forza 300 (1).JPG
Honda Forza 300 (1).JPG (846.68 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Looking good.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: ...

Post by fish »

DioTiAma wrote:Good afternoon gentlemen. You've never tried getting the scooter off the double stand while pressing the left lever? Not possible! Congrats on your six figures Dave. I'm@54.093. Have a nice weekend. Greetings from Cyprus.
Nope - never press the brakes when getting scoots off of the center stand. Maybe if I'd parked on a steep hill - but I never put scooter on center stand on a steep hill.
Sad, no red in your country! :)
Fish
Last edited by fish on Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Your pics look like they should be on a Honda ad! Very nice!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

Fish, i was talking about the CBS... If the scooter is on the center stand and you press the left lever (rear breaks) while trying to get it off, it won't because fronts brakes are activated too (one piston) when pressing the lever of the rear breaks...
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I replaced my rear pads AGAIN. The fronts are at 50 % after 70,000 km. And yes I use both brakes most of the time.
I put the Heidenau K66 Mud & Snow tires on. It took all day. That hurts.

I put CounterAct balancing beads in this time. No sealant. I think the crazy Canadian government has declared RideOn to be toxic waste. Seriously.

Sitting in the sun at Hope Starbucks. Tired. Almost 60. Tires hurt. They were hard to get off and on. YouTube lies. The bastards.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The K66 have now been in the mud, on the gravel and even in the snow. Round new tires are fun. Tread helps.

My top speed is an indicated 130 kmph. The brakes need to bed in. New weights in the CVT might help. New belt is coming. New air filter might also help. Me loosing 30 pounds would definitely help. Runs good enough, less speeding tickets this way.

I want to know why I get 35 km per litre leaving the gas station but only 25 km per litre going towards the gas station. There is not a big hill!

Lots of motorcycles wear out the front brakes faster than the rears except by people who don't really know how to ride. Is this because of the CBS or is it the motor on the swing arm? Fronts are easy to change but the rears require quite a bit of disassembly, pity.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I never try to take the tires off the rim manually that is ..After breaking the bead I take a decent sharp serrated knife and cut them off. Takes just a few minutes and no real exertion. Just saw away and throw in garbage. The going on part takes a little more muscle and finesse . I use the beads as well.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Cutting sounds good.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

During high speed (over 60km/h) I think the front brake should be doing about 75-80% of the stopping as the front tire has the most grip when the weight shifts forward. I squeeze the right lever hard and then feather the left lever until I get to about 20km/h and then I use about 80% rear and then feather the front.

I think you might be using too much of the rear brake at higher speeds. I say this because you get 100,000km out of front pads and 15,000 out of rear pads. Bike is trying to tell you something.

If I was getting that much of a difference between front and rear pads I would almost never use my rear brake. Only when doing less then 20km/h
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I generally agree with what you are saying. I feel like I am using both brakes equally but maybe I am not. I think I still have a sticking problem with the rears.

I find the Forza has less front dive than lots of the other motorcycles I have ridden.

I also think I do not use as much brake as some people in that I do a lot of coasting to a stop. I see other people using a lot of brakes when I don't need to due to more stop planning. People are putting on the brakes in front of me and I need none.

I also don't stop that much. I go long distances on the highway without needing any brakes at all. I hate crowded cities.

The weather might be nice tomorrow. I need to look at freezing levels to decide where I can go. There is new snow on the mountains beside my house.

I might go to the ocean to scout out locations to scatter my mother's ashes on a beach at low tide. I am not sure if there are any teeth or bones in the box or where her pacemaker ended up. I have never done this before. It might not even be legal but that never stopped her before.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Stop planning is very smart! I think most people only look at the car directly in front of them. I try and look a couple cars ahead of the car I'm behind.

Good luck with your Mom's ashes. Find her a nice place to rest and a place where you'll be able to visit her in the future.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015