Front fork specs

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

BRTID
Year: 2010
Color: Black

Front fork specs

Post by BRTID »

Hi all, I've been looking at upgrading the front forks on my 2010-11 PCX (Vietnam) as presently they are shite.

I've considered the pd valve upgrades as mentioned now by a few people, however I'm limited in choices as online ordering and delivery is never reliable. Well the delivery side anyhow, and even then there is 50% tax imposed on imports. Which kinda makes everything expensive even if the parts I'm ordering are from a country next door, like Thailand where a lot of add-on goodies for PCX are manufactured. Go figure....

So in trying to search for replacement/upgrade options I've run into the difficulty of getting the specs for the upper front staunchion diameter ie inner fork tube diameter. As I'm considering for the first phase to upgrade to forks from one of the later model 150's - dependent upon fitment size of course.

I'd be interested in hearing about anybody else's experiences with retrofitment of later model forks into an early model and the problems you encountered.

But what I'm desperate for is for peeps to put a vernier over the forks of your own upper fork tube and post a reply with the model serial number and diameter size so I can cross reference of the YSS catalog or the Honda parts catalog and narrow down my choices.

Any and all help welcome. Cheers.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Front fork specs

Post by gn2 »

You can check parts compatibility here: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
BRTID

Post by BRTID »

gn2 wrote:You can check parts compatibility here: https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/
Thanks. Pity it doesn't list the outside diameter of the upper fork tube. Any other suggestions where I might find that info.

Still like to get the sizes from helpful members... If it's not too much trouble...
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

On my 2013 the upper tube measures around 1.219-1.221 inches (30.96 mm or so). Take it with a bit of salt - It is hard to be sure that caliper hasn't changed while I removed it to read.
Attachments
Upper Fork Measurement.jpg
Upper Fork Measurement.jpg (168.23 KiB) Viewed 848 times
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Hi,

I don't think you have many options because honda changed the calipers since the first esp version (smaller). if you have a non esp, your front caliper will probably not fit...
BRTID

Post by BRTID »

Ok. Thanks for the replies.

My results.

I had a local mechanic from the Hanoi PCX club try 2018 shockies, that didn't fit because the front fender mounting points are different it seems. So unless you want to change that as well, no luck there.

Second attempt was a set of new shockies from the 2016 model. Slotted in perfectly. 2.1 VND fitted -- $90 USD.

Now I can upgrade them with the YSS aftermarket kit.