PCX Body Parts?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mYl1ttl3PWNY

Re: PCX Body Parts?

Post by mYl1ttl3PWNY »

Ok I didn't think see anything at first, but I didn't take the fuel cover completely off. I'll start there. I'll try it once I get home.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

mYl1ttl3PWNY wrote:Surprisingly I didn't break any tabs but the part that cracked was the rear wing. I definitely will buy the service manual after I've taken most of this bike apart now.

I'm having difficulty on the front panels and around the handles. The pic below shows the panel I'm having issues with. I took the single screw out of the bottom of that piece and it appears (after looking up past the wheel) that there are two screws holding the top piece in. Literally every other panels on the bike are off.

The two X's mark two screws that I saw.
There are if i remember correctly 6-7 screws holding that panel. 3-4 inside the panel,two behind the wheel on the outside and one by the fuel tank tucked in the corner i think. Watch out for 1 clip in the headlight at the front side and inside top(roof) of the panel as they look fragile-ish. To take that panel of you must remove all of the black plastic above the fuel tank fairly easy... glovebox is clip in as well as the key cover piece with 4 screws and a bolt holding all those pieces...Watch out for the middle little plastic panel (painted one) above the fuel tank, its a clip in one, when you pull it off it has to be done upwards otherwise you will brake to top clips like i have but no worries if you do as it still sits fine afterwards and you cant tell the diff.
C-Note
Regular User
Regular User

Post by C-Note »

Pcxdemon wrote:
mYl1ttl3PWNY wrote:Surprisingly I didn't break any tabs but the part that cracked was the rear wing. I definitely will buy the service manual after I've taken most of this bike apart now.

I'm having difficulty on the front panels and around the handles. The pic below shows the panel I'm having issues with. I took the single screw out of the bottom of that piece and it appears (after looking up past the wheel) that there are two screws holding the top piece in. Literally every other panels on the bike are off.

The two X's mark two screws that I saw.
There are if i remember correctly 6-7 screws holding that panel. 3-4 inside the panel,two behind the wheel on the outside and one by the fuel tank tucked in the corner i think. Watch out for 1 clip in the headlight at the front side and inside top(roof) of the panel as they look fragile-ish. To take that panel of you must remove all of the black plastic above the fuel tank fairly easy... glovebox is clip in as well as the key cover piece with 4 screws and a bolt holding all those pieces...Watch out for the middle little plastic panel (painted one) above the fuel tank, its a clip in one, when you pull it off it has to be done upwards otherwise you will brake to top clips like i have but no worries if you do as it still sits fine afterwards and you cant tell the diff.
That sounds about right as I remember it too, "Pcxdemon"
...and yes, the strip above the headlight has a hooked tab that latches on the very front of the headlight, be carefull with that one.