Leper Returns

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Phasec
Year: 2018
Color: Blue

Leper Returns

Post by Phasec »

Guilty as charged ! :oops:
Hi all from the Isle of Anglesey yes I am new to the forum but not the Forza and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Bought a new Forza Jan 2016 (in white) loved it had it for 2 years and 10000 miles of great riding then the thoughts started " More Power More Speed etc " so changed it for a CBR 500R loved it for about 6 weeks then the doubt started " Sore back, nowhere to put stuff etc " so I have justs taken a big hit and got myself The New Forza. What a bike reminded me why I got the Forza in the first place.

Things I have noticed on the new one over my old one.
Fuel range up old about 65 mpg (U.K.) new 82 mpg (U.K.) that over 200 miles to the tank.
Rear tire has a 90 deg inflation valve (shame they didn't put one on the front).
Bad point the Lanbarda sensor is now in the end can so will have to alter my Arrow Can so it will fit.
Change to ratio's so 70mph is now 6500rpm better, and no vibrations. I find the front suspension a bit hard but it might improve over time and the front brake doesn't seem as effective as I remember, but the rear is still wicked.

It nice to have a gps mounting point under the centre handle bar cover just need to sort out the power, led lights are very good not too sure on the transformers style pattern though.
The power screen is brilliant but short for me 5'11" so have fitted a MRA spoiler problem solved. The seat seems a bit harder than I remember but that might be old age or will need time too break in, a good thing they have got rid of is the hydraulic seat piston, now the seat opens by a coil spring and the seat opens higher.
There you go ride safe
Phasec
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Leper Returns

Post by davenowherejones »

I suspect we will never see one in Canada. The older one sold very poorly. Have fun.

Breakfast at McDonalds and then more storm riding in the mountains???
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Back! Meant to be, I say :D A New Forza! Looks wise it's a better style than yer first one. All in the eyes of the beholder though. You'll get things sorted and then you'll love it more!
Happy Trails!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Sunny & warm in Ashcroft but everywhere I go the RCMP show up with guns. The guy beside me has one on each hip.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

There you go ride safe
Phasec
Every time I see a sport bike I get a flashback to my '87 Ninja 750. o_O

I know what you mean about the sore back. And for me the wrists would take a beating also. :(

That said, and I can't believe I did this, but my girlfriend and future wife to be at the time and I jumped on that Ninja early one Saturday morning in June back in '87 and rode from where the CT River meets Long Island Sound all the way to Burlington, VT (mostly Rt. 7). Then took a ferry boat across Lake Champlain, and then headed south towards Lake George.

A BMW rider we met on the boat asked us if we were heading to "Americade East" at the time. I replied, "What's that?". Understand that there was no internet as we know it back then so ignorance is bliss as they say and it was an embarrassing moment for me. Later I discovered the event had only started a few years earlier so was still in it's early stages and gradually gaining in popularity.

We eventually got a room at a motel as dark invaded the day just miles before Lake George Village. Just rode in. . .plenty of vacancies. . .no reservations required. That's not the case these days.

The next morning under cloudy skies we rode into the heart of Lake George Village. The place was a bee hive of activity. Sort of made me think of a huge carnival just for bikers and the tents, vendors, attractions, smell of food, and wandering fans were all part of the scene. Somehow I let my curiosity get the best of me (what. . .again?) and got behind a club of Wing fanatics from Canada and rode back north again on what I remember as Rt. 9. The road followed along the contour of the Lake shore but not right on the shore. We did that for a while and then it occurred to me that perhaps I should turn around and head back in the southerly direction toward the Village again. It was Sunday, it was threatening rain, and we both had to be back to work the next day.

As we approached Lake George Village for the final time it started to rain. We had our last views from the saddle and decide it would be best to just head home. So we did. . .in the rain. . .the whole way back. Riding two up. . .she never complained once. . .and had every right to. Riding pillion on a sport bike is not exactly being seated in ultimate comfort. :roll:

Oh yes. . .I forgot. . .after that I never got another pure sport bike. I put about 10,000 miles on that Ninja in a year and ended up trading it in for a Ford Festiva (made by Kia) which was kind of like a "Mini". Still had my new '88 KLR to ride. 8)

Moral to the story. . ."T'is better to ride in comfort than ride in pain". :geek:

Scooters do make a lot of sense. . .. ;)
Phasec

Post by Phasec »

Ho so true
Been riding in the rain today 40mph wind no problems god knows why I changed lesson learned

Ride safe

Phasec
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Nice race track you got near you. :)
Phasec

Post by Phasec »

Well had the bike 2 1/2 weeks now 700miles on the clock booked in for first service 1 st Dec, and to have the heated grips fitted. Things so far
The seat is still stiff to open you must push the back down before pressing button
Fuel consumption is ave 70 mpg (U.K.) mainly on motorway and dual carriageway
I had the PGM - FI light came on after idling and won't reset until I did a 30 mile high speed run 70mph??? then it reset itself.
Still love the screen brilliant really.
God knows why I changed my bike earlier bit mistake. ( and costly )
Really enjoying being back on the Forza
Ride safe
Phasec