Overall length and width

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Overall length and width

Post by Sandymay »

With my delivery date just a few days away, I’m starting to think of things, like where to store my new baby.

Can someone please confirm the overall length of the bike as 75.5 “ and the width as 29”.

I do not have a garage, but I do have a fairly large shed that I’m hoping will suffice in the winter etc.

Thanks again for all your patience,

Sandy
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Overall length and width

Post by gn2 »

You can get it through a door that's smaller than the overall width by wiggling it in one side of the handlebars at a time.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I just measured my 2013 and came up with 76" long and 36" wide at the stock mirrors (28" at the handlebars). As GN2 says, you can squiggle it in through a bit narrower a door, but it may not be that easy. It would be better to not have to fiddle with the mirrors - they will eventually loosen and require a wrench to snug up. No big deal, but a PCX is NOT about inconvenience.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Thanks guys :)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

One other thing to be aware of . . . and you probably already are . . . is that when you put your scoot up on the center stand you should leave adequate room front and back for the movement when it pivots. Until you get used to it, sometimes it's hard to judge just how far the PCX (or any new bike/scooter) will move backward when you set it on the center stand. Always a good idea to give it some extra room. :D
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Old Grinner wrote:One other thing to be aware of . . . and you probably already are . . . is that when you put your scoot up on the center stand you should leave adequate room front and back for the movement when it pivots. Until you get used to it, sometimes it's hard to judge just how far the PCX (or any new bike/scooter) will move backward when you set it on the center stand. Always a good idea to give it some extra room. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Just a FYI, I often take my bike to my basement to work on it. Standard doors come in three widths: 30", 32", and 36". My basement door is 36" wide. With a little caution, I can ride it through the door. I also have a 36" gate in my yard that it will fit through. In each case, you will need to move the handlebars back and forth, first getting one side in and then turning the handlebar that direction to allow the other side to clear the frame on the other side. I have yet to scrape anything on the bike, so With some caution you should be able to get through gates and doors that width.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers