Does anyone have experience with heated grips on the Forza

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Does anyone have experience with heated grips on the Forza

Post by Atis »

Has anyone here installed heated grips on their Forza? I ride about 10 months of the year and it can get pretty chilly in NY. I had heated grips on my previous bike and found them to be the best compromise between convenience and comfort. I already have a plan in mind for installing do it yourself type elements which is what I did on my previous bike. This was after I found out that my USA dealer could not even source an OEM offering for the bike. This is interesting because I've seen it as a Honda option on over seas web sites and even have instructions from Honda for two different versions of "OEM" grips. Finding aftermarket grips on line has been difficult as well because on the Forza the throttle cable connection is integrated into the grip itself so the wealth of retrofit grips out there do not fit. Just wondering what others have done?
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Does anyone have experience with heated grips on the For

Post by Forza 300 »

Did you try david silver spares they have a USA site and uk ,( you can get honda original parts and accessories ) I have ordered from there uk site before and all went good ! Also there is another honda original parts and accessories web site you could try wwwcmsnl.com I have used them and all went well with them also,
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

I use Oxford heated grips and Toucano urbano muffs - v cosy !
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

Thanks for the input I tried the two web sites and only found the grips on the one but they are the generic kind without the cable fittings. I've heard the oxford grips are good as well but I've decided to go with the retrofit type I mentioned above. I found a post in the PCX area where someone spoke of having to modify a set of grips on a PCX to fit a generic type molded grip so it must be the same type of grip on the PCX. I'll be working on this over the next few days if time allows. Either way I'll take some pictures and notes on my install in case anyone is interested. I'll be installing what I had put on my Rebel, I was very pleased with the results. Total cost was about $60 with nothing changed appearance wise other than a switch and a small wire showing at each grip.
Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Hoyt »

I got tecnoglobe heatings grip, but i dont know the reference. They were already there when i bought it.
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

I did get them mounted as planned. Still chilly enough in the morning here to appreciate them, just good to know I'm set for the fall. Got so involved in it this past w/e I forgot to take pictures with the front cover off. I plan on revisiting it again soon to re-run the wire from the battery to the relay I installed. When I do I'll post some pics. Thanks for the input.