Diferent varios opinion

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Diferent varios opinion

Post by nribeiro »

Someone have tested different varios?
I have JCosta in the moment and I'm thinking to try Polini. I don't know if it's true but it seems that with this vario the PCX is faster after 100kph. What do you think?
I'm really happy with mine in this moment but I just want to know if I will obtain something more out of it.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Diferent varios opinion

Post by waspmike »

After a certain speed it is the engine and not the "vario" that effects performance. Improving aerodynamics helps as well.

I am intrigued that you fitted a strong counter spring and yet lightened the weights to 7.5 grams. I would have thought it would have been the other way around. With a stronger spring you need more force not less to part the rear pulley.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Diferent varios opinion

Post by nribeiro »

I only add some weight to six of the JCosta sliders and use that ones so the total mass can be 90gr but I've had to go again to 12 sliders with 8.5 each one cause the PCX before 40kph over rev a lot if I give it full throttle. After 40kph it's ok but I didn't liked it.
I read a lot on the internet so what I've seen was: " if you have good acceleration with your rollers and you start an uphill and the scooter drops a lot of speed you have a light contra spring."
So I installed the 15% Polini and it's a lot of difference.

I can try it with a litle more weight since I feel that at 110kph the engine start's to be running out of legs... Strange since I can it 130kph.
What I do not understand is some videos I see that PCX will accelerate faster between 100-120... And I know a guy that weights more than me and my wife together and he's PCX it's fast between these speeds. He doesn't have so much more than I have on mine PCX so... Strange!
For example her wife's PCX can it 135 or so but the vario it's Polini and that's why I'm tempted to try this vario.