How much did you pay for your PCX?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: How much did you pay for your PCX?

Post by gn2 »

Honda USA website still lists the Elite so presumably it's still available?
http://powersports.honda.com/2010/elite/build.aspx
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

GN2, I haven't ridden them, just saw on both next to each other in the showroom floor. The elite has smaller front wheel and the fork is in the middle of the axle, the PCX's fork is slightly behind. I've been told that it's for high speed stability at the expense of maneuverability in tight spaces. Have you ridden the Elite? What were your impressions?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Wheel size and wheelbase tend to affect stability.
Smaller of both means that the Elite (Lead in the UK) is probably going to be less stable than the PCX.
Axle placement has to be weighed up with the fore and aft distance between the steering pivot and the fork leg centres.
It's possible for an axle on the back of the fork to be in front of an axle in the centre of the fork, it depends on the shape of the yoke(s).
No I've not ridden an Elite but my thirty odd years experience of sizing up bikes and riding them tells me that there won't be much to pick between the two in terms of manoeverability in urban traffic but the PCX will be more stable on poor surfaces.
Having ridden nearly 9,000 miles on a PCX I can tell you that it's as quick through inner city traffic as any other two wheeler (faster than most) and that the manoeverability, handling and balance are simply excellent.
What's important is that you ride them to compare.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Yes, makes sense, thanks for the info. I would add that couple of other factors also affect perceived and objective stability and maneuverability, namely, center of gravity height, frame and for rigidity, axle length, amount of tire flex and area of contact woth asphalt- angle of handlebar turn, and probably many more. My met is very stable - subjectively. Perhaps the wheels are big enough for its mass and it has a low center of gravity with drivetrain and tank being nearly on the ground. It can turn in the elevator and I can keep it up going up or down on a hiking trail. Something I couldn't do w a heavier bike. Wish I could test ride both but the dealers here won't let me.
Cheers.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

2300€ for mine, brand new, 1st year of insurance included. How does that look to you?.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Looks good enough to me, it's less than I paid back in 2010
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I've been to two honda dealers locally and the best I can get is £2400! Which I think is poo! The dealer in yorkshire (castle) will do it for £2100and deliver it for an extra £150! So thats £2250, I'd still like a better deal! May have to wait for the esp to come out and get an original pcx for the offer!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

They might not want to give any discount on the newer version. Paying full price for the newer version definatly not worth it, too bad you may miss the nice weather if you wait till after summer. I would go with the 2250 offer or look for a used one
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

louthepoo wrote:I've been to two honda dealers locally and the best I can get is £2400! Which I think is poo! The dealer in yorkshire (castle) will do it for £2100and deliver it for an extra £150! So thats £2250, I'd still like a better deal!
Just get it bought you tightwad.
If you don't want to spend £2250 then get a second hand one or buy something else.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

gn2 wrote:
louthepoo wrote:I've been to two honda dealers locally and the best I can get is £2400! Which I think is poo! The dealer in yorkshire (castle) will do it for £2100and deliver it for an extra £150! So thats £2250, I'd still like a better deal!
Just get it bought you tightwad.
If you don't want to spend £2250 then get a second hand one or buy something else.
Alright pissy knickers, calm down!
As I'm still saving to buy one and in no rush then I'll keep haggling! I know what deals other people have had from the same dealers so I know they can move on the price. If you like paying full price for things while others get discounts thats fine but I'm not! And if a second hand one comes up I may get it. Woolleys pcx was ideal just a little early for me!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Sorry! :lol:
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

I think you should wait for the red tbh.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

louthepoo wrote:If you like paying full price for things while others get discounts thats fine but I'm not!
You've already been offered a discount of more than 10% on list.
Also, there's a three year 0% finance deal on the PCX just now so there's no need to save up the full purchase price.
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

I got mine on 0% finance. Paying less than a 4 week bus pass per month for my PCX.
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Got the wife a PCX150 here in Thailand a month ago for 78,000THB (GBP 1600/USD 2400) out the door then got myself a secondhand 2 year old 125 model for 50,000THB (GBP 1000/USD 1600)

See this thread for details:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=307

Thing is, it's not just the original purchase price, it's the fact that you save a shedload of money using them as a daily runabout VS your primary vehicle and also, they look pretty funky and there are loads of accessories to personalise them.

Cheers,

Pikey.
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Maddie, I sent you a private message. I found a PCX in Augusta, Georgia. It's 160 miles east of Atlanta. I was wondering if you had any chance of meeting the seller to inspect the scooter and enjoying the ride at the same time. I am trying to figure out how I can take some time off work to get there and ride it back to Los Angeles.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Responded to the PMs. You'd better post some pictures come mid-late June. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

Bought my PCX-150 on May 9th, 2012 for 76.000 Baht in Phuket/Thailand. Included were two jackets, two helmets, 1 year insurance, 1 year tax, registration fee.

It is a red one :-)
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
b0r3dguy

Post by b0r3dguy »

I just got my new PCX yesterday from Champion Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA.

I paid a total of about $4200 o.t.d after TTL.

I'm also considering getting the extended warranty that will cover the PCX for 5 years instead of 1 year. Anyone else think the extended warranty is worth it? The dealer is offering it to me for $430
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Congrats on your new PCX! Did you get the new 150cc or the 125cc model?

I wouldn't bother with the extended warranty -- any issues should show up in the first year.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes