New here

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

BonVoyage

New here

Post by BonVoyage »

Hi guys! purchased my red 125 last week, expecting delivery tomorrow morning. :D This will be my first scooter and judging by some of the posts I think I made a good decision going with the PCX :) Can't wait aha! :lol:
PeteCX125

Re: New here

Post by PeteCX125 »

welcome, good choice and enjoy! :P
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Hi, you got the right colour, you'll have a blast on it.

I'm an old git and I love riding my scooter. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

louthepoo wrote:Hi, you got the right colour, you'll have a blast on it.

I'm an old git and I love riding my scooter. :D
Ditto
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Double Ditto, But riding in the wind scares the hell outta me :cry:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

uploader wrote:Double Ditto, But riding in the wind scares the hell outta me :cry:

Wind - its an age problem.... :D
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

qed wrote:
uploader wrote:Double Ditto, But riding in the wind scares the hell outta me :cry:

Wind - its an age problem.... :D
No that kind of wind scares the shit outta me :D
gail314

Post by gail314 »

You'll get used to it, all I can tell you is practice, practice and venture slowly out of your comfort zone.

I know for me recognizing this truth helps me take my time in venturing into the real world.

When the wind is whipping sideways yes you'll feel like you're being pushed the best thing to do is to keep the throttle steady and your eyes forward. Remember the scoot goes where you are looking.

As to the OP grats on your new baby! Keep it rubber side down.
My scoots: 2012 Piaggio Typhoon 125

2013 Honda PCX 125
BonVoyage

Post by BonVoyage »

gail314 wrote:

You'll get used to it, all I can tell you is practice, practice and venture slowly out of your comfort zone.

I know for me recognizing this truth helps me take my time in venturing into the real world.

When the wind is whipping sideways yes you'll feel like you're being pushed the best thing to do is to keep the throttle steady and your eyes forward. Remember the scoot goes where you are looking.

As to the OP grats on your new baby! Keep it rubber side down.
Aha cheers guys, I'll bear that in mind whilst getting used to it :)
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Hi and welcome!. You'll enjoy both the PCX and these forums, you bet.

As for the wind thing, it's certainly unpleasant. Just hold tight your handlebar and ease off on the throttle if you need to ;) .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:Hi and welcome!. You'll enjoy both the PCX and these forums, you bet.

As for the wind thing, it's certainly unpleasant. Just hold tight your handlebar and ease off on the throttle if you need to ;) .

I do exactly the opposite, keep a loose grip on the handlebar and just try to relax
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

qed wrote:
Cascanciu wrote:Hi and welcome!. You'll enjoy both the PCX and these forums, you bet.

I do exactly the opposite, keep a loose grip on the handlebar and just try to relax
Well, it's worked for me when I had crosswinds over me and my PCX. When it comes to crosswinds, nothing beats a helicopter landing beside the road you're going through. Happened to me once and it's an experience I didn't like at all.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:
qed wrote:

Well, it's worked for me when I had crosswinds over me and my PCX. When it comes to crosswinds, nothing beats a helicopter landing beside the road you're going through. Happened to me once and it's an experience I didn't like at all.
The RAF apache helicopters used to be stationed next to us and occasionally they would fly next to you and track you with the gun turret.

Funny but a bit intimidating when you are pottering along in your little yellow vw lupo
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

In my case it was a Sea Salvage copter landing in their base, and I happened to be riding on the road next to their heliport. I have some chopper experience from my times in the military and when I saw the thing landing I knew it wasn't gonna be funny.

So the Apache jockeys like to track cars with their cannon? :lol: . Military aviators are a funny bunch, and it looks like they're quite similar all over the world.
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

I had a gust of wind push my old scooter from the middle of my lane onto the white lines, I was lucky to stay on! I'm wary of side winds now although I haven't felt them as much on the s-wing, maybe because its heavier than my old kymco cobra racer 50cc! I tend to slightly lean into the wind now.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new PCX!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes