Purchase price for 2015

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

HarryCaray

Purchase price for 2015

Post by HarryCaray »

I see a couple of new 2015 pcx 150's from a dealer for $2699. It also states "is subject to dealer freight, prep, tax, and doc." How much should I expect to spend on these 'other' costs? Are they negotiable? I'm always suspicious of these 'other fees' as just being another opportunity for the dealer to keep from advertising the real price.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Purchase price for 2015

Post by you you »

HarryCaray wrote:I see a couple of new 2015 pcx 150's from a dealer for $2699. It also states "is subject to dealer freight, prep, tax, and doc." How much should I expect to spend on these 'other' costs? Are they negotiable? I'm always suspicious of these 'other fees' as just being another opportunity for the dealer to keep from advertising the real price.

Have you asked the dealer?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to out forums! :P
Please do us all a favor and post your location (easy directions are right below my post) then we'll be able to answer you. Remember, pricing varies all over the globe.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
HarryCaray

Post by HarryCaray »

you you wrote:
HarryCaray wrote:I see a couple of new 2015 pcx 150's from a dealer for $2699. It also states "is subject to dealer freight, prep, tax, and doc." How much should I expect to spend on these 'other' costs? Are they negotiable? I'm always suspicious of these 'other fees' as just being another opportunity for the dealer to keep from advertising the real price.

Not yet.
HarryCaray

Post by HarryCaray »

WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome to out forums! :P
Please do us all a favor and post your location (easy directions are right below my post) then we'll be able to answer you. Remember, pricing varies all over the globe.
Ah, good point. Done!
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:

Every once in a while, even a blind squirrel finds a nut. :D

That's really the best place to start. You're at the beginning of riding season in the northern US, so you're not as likely to have a huge amount of bargaining room. Just the same, that starting price is pretty good. You might still get out the door for under $3300, which is pretty darn good, but still just conjecture. It really comes down to what it's worth to you. Talk to the dealer, see what their OTD price is, go from there. By all means you can try to haggle the price down a bit, but there isn't a whole lot of profit margin off scooters so good luck with that.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

I posted in another thread about a local (Dallas, TX) price: Local dealer has a new 2015 PCX150 in white, for $2999 (USD), including freight and prep. You'd have to pay licensing fees and sales tax on top of that, at a minimum.

Price varies: how many a dealer has in stock, what kind of floor financing they have on unsold bikes, the local competition and market for that type of bike, incentives from the manufacturer that depend on moving a certain number of units in a certain time, and on and on ...

I'd just ask them for an "out-the-door" (OTD) price. That includes all the fees you need to pay to ride off the lot with a tag.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?