honda forza 300 - help from Italy!

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: honda forza 300 - help from Italy!

Post by Mario »

BRed wrote:I'll check that in the service manual when I get home this afternoon.

I seem to remember that the variator bolt for the Forza actually used less torque than the variator nut on the older 250cc series.....
the Forza's bolt has much more thread engagement, maybe twice as much as the older threaded shaft with a nut.
Ok thanks :)

Wish I had the service manual, can't find it anywhere :?
May the Forza be with you!!
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

83Nm is correct (61 ft.lb.)
robertinino
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by robertinino »

Mario I'm very happy you met Edward, like me, Ed is really a wondeful person....
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

robertinino wrote:Mario I'm very happy you met Edward, like me, Ed is really a wondeful person....
I am surely glad with all his provided technical info about tuning the Forza variateur :D
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

BRed wrote:83Nm is correct (61 ft.lb.)
Thanks Ed :)
robertinino
Regular User
Regular User

Post by robertinino »

Ed what do you thinK about this observation I found in a italian forum:

....... I recommend spraying the rollers and its tracks with spray PTFE (Svitol Dry, for example, but there are many types) before final assembly.
This treatment significantly extends the life of the rollers (I had a lot of confirmations).
The hub usually is mounted "dry", because even in the most recent variable lubrication is provided by the fat inside the upright.
But I treat the same hub spraying it with WD-40 (or a similar product) and then cleaning it with a cloth to remove oil residue.
It must seem oily to the touch, but it must not be excess oil (you could mix the fat and create trouble).
I give a dash of Svitol Dry also to the sliders and seats (these are blocks of plastic mounted on the movable pulley of the drive).
Everything always without exaggeration.
Small touches that make the drive more reliable (would be done also on the standard, but the hell with that workshops operate well).
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

Robert, I posted a video with a 0 to 100km/h run on my Forza in Ed's Tuning the Forza 300 CVT topic, how does this compare with your Forza?
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Mario..."Wish I had the service manual, can't find it anywhere"
I eventually ordered one from the States as being the only place I could source one...cannot remember where and cost but will try and look out.... but Google will find?..thats how I sourced.
The USA Forza is slightly different in that it has a hand brake ( that stumped me for a while looking for my handbrake!) but I assume everything else is the same/similar...apart from the USA slightly different use of English in what they call things!..and maybe their "part numbers" will differ? Anyway I have found the manual useful and informative.
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

dergav wrote:Mario..."Wish I had the service manual, can't find it anywhere"
I eventually ordered one from the States as being the only place I could source one...cannot remember where and cost but will try and look out.... but Google will find?..thats how I sourced.
The USA Forza is slightly different in that it has a hand brake ( that stumped me for a while looking for my handbrake!) but I assume everything else is the same/similar...apart from the USA slightly different use of English in what they call things!..and maybe their "part numbers" will differ? Anyway I have found the manual useful and informative.
Dergav, I also have seen them in the states but the shipping rates are terrible high, and we pay duties including the shipping cost's :(
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Mario...I dont remember paying that much for mailing ( but the supplier may have made an error)...and for some reason didnt get charged duty...so found the total cost acceptable...
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

dergav wrote:Mario...I dont remember paying that much for mailing ( but the supplier may have made an error)...and for some reason didnt get charged duty...so found the total cost acceptable...

Dergav, the cheapest (used) one I found was this one, $36,50 shipping o_O wish there was a digital version to cancel out the shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311400355204?it ... 23&vxp=mtr
robertinino
Regular User
Regular User

Post by robertinino »

mario
thank you for your video
compare to your forza, my look look quite similar in acceleration from 0 to 120 km. The problem of my forza start at 120 km, it doesn't run anymore and the performance drops dramatically, infact my max speed is between 125-130 km!!!!.
What a notice with stock rollers is that we can imagine to divide the acceleration in 3 steps: first from 0-60 km where performance are not bed, 2 step from 60 to 80 km, the acceleration begins to decrease , and 3 step from 80- 120 km where acceleration is really slow.
All this doesn't happen with Ed Tuning where acceleration in every steps is more regular and costant up to 120 km............
ciao
R
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

Robert, is your's run-in, total km driven? mine has only 300km total and I aspect the numbers will change for better ones when completely run-in.

I will try to make a video including a GPS speed reading, maybe we are comparing apples with oranges because Ed has a mp/h speedo meter and we a km/h speedo, it might be that we have a les positive speedo ;)

Recorded also the max speed it will do now.

dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

robertinino wrote:mario
thank you for your video
compare to your forza, my look look quite similar in acceleration from 0 to 120 km. The problem of my forza start at 120 km, it doesn't run anymore and the performance drops dramatically, infact my max speed is between 125-130 km!!!!.
What a notice with stock rollers is that we can imagine to divide the acceleration in 3 steps: first from 0-60 km where performance are not bed, 2 step from 60 to 80 km, the acceleration begins to decrease , and 3 step from 80- 120 km where acceleration is really slow.
All this doesn't happen with Ed Tuning where acceleration in every steps is more regular and costant up to 120 km............
ciao
R
Max speed is about 135 - 140 km.
But with wind or hills it will be at 125 - 130 km.
It also depends what your weight is.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Mario...that does make the total cost a bit hefty!..I must have got lucky.
Honda must have an on-line version for their dealership mechanics...but of course wont publish that for general access.
Should you ever need a copy of a particular section let me know and i could copy and mail...my IT posting skills are limited!
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

dergav wrote:Mario...that does make the total cost a bit hefty!..I must have got lucky.
Honda must have an on-line version for their dealership mechanics...but of course wont publish that for general access.
Should you ever need a copy of a particular section let me know and i could copy and mail...my IT posting skills are limited!
That's much appreciated Dergav :D
robertinino
Regular User
Regular User

Post by robertinino »

my forza has 6000 km, my weight is 75 kg.
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

robertinino wrote:my forza has 6000 km, my weight is 75 kg.
Maybe Ed can tell his max speed when his Forza was still standard.
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

dergav wrote:Mario...that does make the total cost a bit hefty!..I must have got lucky.
Hi Dergav,

Is it possible that you look at the service manual to find out the torque (Nm) needed to mount the clutch nut?

Thanks in advance,

Mario
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Mario
Remembering that I have the USA service manual..unsure if torque values are international?
Here is what the manual says..
Clutch/driven pulley nut...thread diam..30mm...Torque (79N-m)...(8.1kgf-m)...(58 lbf-ft)
Clutch outer nut...thread diam 12mm...Torque (74N-m)..(7.5kgf-m)...(55 lbf-ft).
Drive Pulley face bolt..thread diam 10mm..Torque (83N-m)..(8.5kgf-m)..(61 lbf-ft)

hope this helps