Any news on the 2020 Honda PCX?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: Any news on the 2020 Honda PCX?

Post by springer1 »

t seems pretty logical that Honda would adapt some changes that it seems most current owners want to see, such as a better seat,
You'd think so, but after year after year of PCX models, they still haven't. I can't figure out why they wouldn't be responding to the posts regarding PCX seats on forums like this - it doesn't make any sense other than maybe arrogance.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The answer is simple. Honda will respond to what they see as their largest buyer group, and that more than likely is those in the Asian markets, though Europe is catching up, and MAYBE even South America. The rest of us? We don't count. Honda could pull the plug on the PCX in North America and it wouldn't put much of a dent in their profits.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Oh yes, the SMART key is the revolution. I hate the bayonet looking key and lock cover. I hope that after-market conversion becomes available soon.
Thanks for mentioning about the SMART Key revolution. We live in a world of constant change.

I'm going to step out of the box here a bit and make a comment about SMART Keys . . . well actually anything that transmits some kind of signal (waves).

Today we are bombarded with waves of various frequencies by Radio, TV, Cell Phones, Traffic Radar, Microwave Ovens, UV Radiation, Satelites, and now the SMART Keys are a big deal. Of course there are those used by the medical profession and I may have forgotten something else as well but you get the idea. :|

If makes me pause and wonder how it effects human flesh on a microscopic level over time. You never really hear much about that. It's kind of like being out in the sun for a good amount and you feel fine but when you kick back to enjoy the evening the ravage of heat sensation and red sensitive skin emerges. Things seem OK . . . but are they really???

There was some concern a while back that cell phones could cause brain tumors but that seems to have faded into obscurity. I remember seeing signs on buildings that warned of microwave ovens in use in case someone was sporting a "pacemaker" for their heart.

I also remember seeing reports in the media about people getting cancer because they lived too close to power transmission lines (towers) or those big building sized transformers.

With a new generation of "wave producers" it just makes me wonder in the long run what the future will hold for humanity when it comes to cancer causing sources.

FWIW I do have a SMART Key for my XMax but TBH I never keep it in my pocket when it's turned on. I just put it in the leg shield stowage bin (it has a lid so it won't fall out and it works fine). In fact I never leave a cell phone turned on in my pocket either. Call me crazy or perhaps over cautious.

Too many times in history things were taken for granted and then years after they were allowed on the market they were deemed unfit for use due to health risks, imminent failure, or danger. Lead paint, DDT, Asbestos, and aluminum electrical wiring for just a few examples. Is fluoridated water really necessary?

Just my two cents. What goes around comes around. Eventually whatever we do will either bite us in the backside or reap untold benefits. Only time will tell . . .. :geek:

One of these birds is under study for some reason . . .. Hope he renews his registration on time! :lol:
100_1353a.jpg