Bike Maintenance

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Bike Maintenance

Post by logepoge1 »

I wouldn't even know the difference they look so similar
ImageImage
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

I've never removed and replaced the coil spring since my PCX is fairly new and it functions fine. I didn't feel like crawling around on the floor of my garage to check but, if you put the stand in the up position (bike on the side stand) wouldn't that stretch the spring? If it is stretched, you could slip spacers between a few of the coils so when you move the stand down, the coil spring would remain stretched and easier to remove. Is that even possible and has anybody tried it? I would think that might be worth a try and the spring wouldn't be as much of a problem. Just a thought.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

PKrellner wrote:I've never removed and replaced the coil spring since my PCX is fairly new and it functions fine. I didn't feel like crawling around on the floor of my garage to check but, if you put the stand in the up position (bike on the side stand) wouldn't that stretch the spring? If it is stretched, you could slip spacers between a few of the coils so when you move the stand down, the coil spring would remain stretched and easier to remove. Is that even possible and has anybody tried it? I would think that might be worth a try and the spring wouldn't be as much of a problem. Just a thought.
You could be onto something here..... :geek: :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you start trying to jam things into the coils of the spring you will just wreck the spring.
Here's the how-to I did, its super simple: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1344
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong