No scooter riding for me for awhile.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Re: No scooter riding for me for awhile.

Post by katschamne »

Thanks Pedro-agogo for the flowers, that's more then the hubby gave me.

These bills seem to be piling up. I just found out the machine they want me to use to help speed up healing is supposed to cost me $1250 out of pocket expense. They might be able to reduce that to $250 depending on my other bills. I have a feeling that by the time my foot is heal I could've paid off my scooter. I did receive a email from the person that runs the MSF course in my area that they do carry insurance but it is secondary to my insurance. There is no guarantee that they will cover the remaining bills completely but at least it's something.
HSF
Year: 2013 PCX125esp
Color: Red

Post by HSF »

Sorry to read of your accident. Best wishes for a full & quick recovery.

All the best :)
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Thanks. Today is a good day. I've been walking around a little bit in the boot today and I haven't had the pain I was feeling yesterday. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery as well so that I can get on my scooter before the winter hits. Since I've only been on it maybe for about 20 mins in a parking lot.
pcxjojo

Post by pcxjojo »

Katschamne I did something similar. I was riding my first scooter, a Burgman 400. I came to a hard stop at a stale green light that went red awfully quick. I'd done hard stops before but my front wheel was not straight and it went over on my foot. I managed to get it home and all, but my X-ray showed a 5th metatarsal fracture as well. I spent 7 weeks in a boot during which I got around on my Spyder using its hand brake. At about 7 weeks I went into a hard shoe and could drive, and by 12 weeks I was totally okay. Hang in there! You will ride again.