One year ago......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rob

Re: One year ago......

Post by Rob »

PCX 125 Jan 2014. Only 52 miles so far.
Current bikes:
Honda PCX 125
Honda CBF 1000FA

Previous bikes:
Kawasaki KH100, Kawasaki KE175, Gilera Runner SP180, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gilera Runner VX180,
Suzuki GSXR 600, Suzuki M800 Intruder, Yamaha XV1700 Road Star, Honda ST1300 Pan European
Yamaha XV1900 Stratoliner, Honda Transalp 650, Yamaha XJR 1300, Honda CBF 600
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

PCX 125 December 2013 - only 60 miles so far.

Can't wait for the weather to pick up.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:We got ours in August of 2012. They had to build it right out of the crate. We now have right at 7,000 miles on it. We are old so we don't ride in bad weather. We have put all sorts of mods on the bike. We go out as a team. I ride my Burgman 400 and she rides the PCX 150. Since 90% of our riding is on back roads, she has absolutely no problem keeping up with me. Even when we get on the freeway she keeps right up. Granted, we do the speed limit, which is most of the time at 55 or 60. When it is a 70 mph zone she still hits around 67, which is where the majority of the traffic is. So, all in all, she loves her PCX. I can name some things about it that we don't like, but I could say that about any bike. Mostly I am impressed. It isn't like any 150 cc scooter or motorcycle I have ever owned. It is a small wonder.

Totally agree
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

6000 trouble free miles on mine before I traded it for a Forza Jan 14
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:I have had my 150 not even 2 months yet, and drive it pretty much daily to work. I am at the 600 mile mark, and just realized the other day my front tire was a little low on air. I drive a 55mph commute with many hills, and I weigh 195 plus gear. I was getting 74mpg. I will see if the tire pressure improves it any. Also, got to set up the 600 mile service, but was quoted $300 by the dealership (ouch!)
Well, Im going on 7 months and just passed the 3800 mile mark. The PCX is a lot of fun. I get an average of 70 mpg- driving hills at 55 mph for my daily commute of 17 miles to work and then home. I have come to think I have outgrown it though. I want to be able to 2-up with my wife with the warmer weather and the PCX just couldnt properly handle that demand. So, I am working on trading in for the Forza...which is funny because that is what I wanted originally, but the dealerships around here didnt have back in August of last year. I am having to replace the back tire as it is down to the center wear marks (not the sides, just the center). $55 for City Grip and dealer quoted $62 to put on. I am looking at getting $1700 on the trade (Ugh!), but even if I sold it privately, I would have to come up with the difference to get the title for the new buyer...so may as well take the hit and finance the difference into a new loan.