Days are numbered for my PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Days are numbered for my PCX

Post by Bash On! »

Dustoff66 wrote:...I'm thinking ---- THINKING, mind you ----- about getting a 2015 CTX700 DCT. I love my PCX, I've put a lot of effort into upgrades with the custom seat, the 12v outlet, LED lights, 3 different windshields,etc. but I've been nearly run down more than once on 2-lane, 55mph roads by big trucks driving right up against my rear end. ... My PCX is just great for the back roads and in town but these gas rig drivers are out to get me. Or am I just paranoid? Or not? :)
You're not paranoid. My view is that it's important to have a decent amount of power and speed "in reserve" when riding a motorcycle. The ability to accelerate to get out of a sketchy situation can sometimes work better than trying to brake.

I frankly don't think the PCX is fast enough to be safe enough on a 55-mph road. I bet your local roads are like mine, speed limits are treated as a suggestion and often seem to be _minimum_ speeds with most drivers going 5-10 mph over that. I'm with you, the PCX is good for 45-mph roads (50-55 mph actual) tops.

Others may differ, but that's what makes me comfortable after almost 40 years of riding on many sizes of bikes (see current ones below--nobody tailgates when I ride the Kawasaki, BTW).

Regards,
Bash
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I think I have stated the same several times. 55 mpg max and below for the PCX but I use it mainly for local hops and camping and the Forza for everything else. The Forza is happy and has the weight, size, and power for 65-75 mph.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Agree. I feel like a target on a too-small bike.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I'n not the only one thinking about the CTX 700 DCT. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?