hell of a deal

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: hell of a deal

Post by WhiteNoise »

tbln930 wrote:I like to buy in collections too although the wife isn't so keen on it. I need a play/adventure bike now and that Triumph Tiger 800 has my interest if I could find one.
:lol: Huh....Why priced so low? Texas close enough? In White! :D
http://motorcycles.oodle.com/view/2013- ... austin-tx/
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Wow - seems to good to be true. 500 miles. Hmmmm

I need to hit Franklin's BBQ when i am down there. :P
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That cm450 is beautiful! I had a 350 and a 500, but never a 450. The seat looks custom, and very comfortable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Prob a typo but a good darn price if not.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

caseybea wrote:preferably water cooled. 4-5 years ago, there really wasn't much, but the PCX is what I have really been waiting for.
and you never tire of that instantaneous electric start, possibly the coolest feature. Who ever thought to position a single cylinder 4 stroke piston to stop just before the ignition cycle was brilliant. I know it's mostly un-noticed and un-appreciated but every time I start the PCX I smile.
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by caseybea »

Bash On! wrote:Prob a typo but a good darn price if not.
No, the price in my original post is *NOT* a typo. Yes, I got a new 2013 for more than a thousand dollars off. That's why I totally didn't care WHAT they added for the 2015, that price was irresistible.... 8)
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

Mel46 wrote:That cm450 is beautiful! I had a 350 and a 500, but never a 450. The seat looks custom, and very comfortable.
That is indeed a stock seat. And yes, comfy (!). I had a few mods on the bike (rear carrier with backrest, also a sterao amplifier system for mp3 players) - both removed for the sale.
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

homie wrote:......and you never tire of that instantaneous electric start, possibly the coolest feature. Who ever thought to position a single cylinder 4 stroke piston to stop just before the ignition cycle was brilliant. I know it's mostly un-noticed and un-appreciated but every time I start the PCX I smile.
Trust me, I notice. While yes, the 450 is a good bike, it definitely takes a few seconds to start, and then I have to let 'er warm up for a few minutes holding the choke cable out a bit (The original choke cable wore out, and the replacement was never the same, not enough resistance so even when pulled out, it starts slowly springing back in... so I have to kinda hold it).

The totally instantaneous start of the PCX is, for me, pretty damned amazing. (and obviously because of the fuel injection etc etc also). Yep, a step up and I love it! Which is exactly what I want. Start. Go. No waiting.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

caseybea wrote:
No, the price in my original post is *NOT* a typo. Yes, I got a new 2013 for more than a thousand dollars off. That's why I totally didn't care WHAT they added for the 2015, that price was irresistible.... 8)
Sorry, was referring to that Triumph Tiger WhiteNoise posted in this thread about. It's all his fault for distracting me.... ;)

You definately got a good deal, though.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by DeaninMilwaukee »

Hi, I'm also from the Milwaukee area ( Bayview ) and also just got a screaming deal on a new leftover 2013 last November of a bit under $2700 out the door. ( tax, title, plates, everything ).

Do yourself a favor and after you get a couple of hundred miles on the bike to let the drive belt polish a mark on the variator, put in 13 dram dr pulley sliders and do the file mod on the variator. The bike will act like you hot rodded it and your top speed will go up a bit too.

Dean
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

Not sure I want to get into modding the engine or not. We'll see.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bash On! wrote:
caseybea wrote:
Sorry, was referring to that Triumph Tiger WhiteNoise posted in this thread about. It's all his fault for distracting me.... ;)
Oops! Sorry 'bout that Bash, didn't mean to turn heads in wrong direction. I knew you were referring to the Tiger pic I posted. Really, the discussion was going in that direction "at the time" and you rode along with it. Ahs well, Blame me! Me Mom does all the time :lol: Saying goes like this at home, "When in doubt, blame >me<!" My fault? Okay. So, excuse me folks :D ......."Carry on"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

WhiteNoise wrote: Oops! Sorry 'bout that Bash, didn't mean to turn heads in wrong direction.
You should be ashamed of yourself. :oops: You think that Tiger's still for sale?
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User

caseybea wrote:Not sure I want to get into modding the engine or not. We'll see.

Weights aren't really modding the engine, its the transmission. They just let the engine rev to a rpm where the engine is stronger. The difference in acceleration is quite noticeable.

If you aren't going on the interstate, it won't matter a whole lot. If you are, stock, it takes way too long to get up to 60mph, and cars will be backing up behind you.
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User

Post by caseybea »

DeaninMilwaukee wrote:
caseybea wrote:Not sure I want to get into modding the engine or not. We'll see.

Weights aren't really modding the engine, its the transmission. They just let the engine rev to a rpm where the engine is stronger. The difference in acceleration is quite noticeable.

If you aren't going on the interstate, it won't matter a whole lot. If you are, stock, it takes way too long to get up to 60mph, and cars will be backing up behind you.
As I read up on variators and weights and learn (remember, my previous bike was a standard manual shift cycle) - I think i get it. But, don't you run the risk of burning out engine components with the higher rpms?
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User

Burn it out? That's not really a thing. The engine is still stock and while the rpms are higher, they are still way below red line except at top speed where they are exactly the same as stock.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

caseybea wrote: As I read up on variators and weights and learn (remember, my previous bike was a standard manual shift cycle) - I think i get it. But, don't you run the risk of burning out engine components with the higher rpms?
Uhh, no o_O . The PCX has an electronic rev limiter that will keep your rpms from rising above 9600. If nothing else, your fuel economy at city speeds will drop because of the higher rpms. But if you go on the freeway a lot, it's doubtful you'll notice anything.