Brought my new (leftover 2013) black PCX 150 home tonight.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: Brought my new (leftover 2013) black PCX 150 home tonigh

Post by GeorgeSK »

My helmet does not fit under either, but I have gotten quite comfortable using the wire loop that Honda provides to attach the helmet to the hook at the front of the storage compartment. Yes, I need to put a plastic bag over the helmet if rain is expected, but using the loop is not that inconvenient. In fact, I now prefer that I have storage that I can use instead of a big hole that I have to "save" for my helmet.

I also made a longer wire so that I can attach two helmets to the scoot when the Admiral comes along for a ride.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
jon_l
Year: 2013
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

MKE PCX wrote:I ordered my seat from MP Motor. There was an issue in communicating what I wanted the seat to look like, despite it appearing like they understood.

If you order the seat you linked from Powerbypcx I'm sure you'll get what you are expecting. I haven't seen anyone have an issue with that vendor.
Thanks for the feedback.

I ordered the one I posted a photo of on page 1 this morning.
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by DeaninMilwaukee »

MKE PCX wrote:
caseybea wrote: Hopefully a few more of the new PCX owners will find their way to this site.
I'm one of those guys. Got mine from a dealer on the north side ( 76th and good hope ) as they had the best out the door price for my new-leftover black 2013. http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3671
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Mel46 wrote:The horn is in the center area up and to the left of the gas cap area. I added a Bad Boy horn under the console hood (under that black hood that shades the instrument panel) by stuffing it in with a lot of effort. Then i tie wrapped it in place and ran the wires back to the center console area where the gas cap is. I had to install a relay because the little wires to the original horn won't carry the load. I kept the original horn connected and tapped the relay into those wires. The Bad Boy is an air horn so it takes a second to spool up. Thus, the original horn kicks in just before the air horn. Oh, run the main wires for the air horn directly to the battery, while using the relay connection to make it so that the horn will only work when the key is on. The instructions are fairly easy to follow. I got the Bad Boy at Harbor Freight. It does the job of alerting people that you are there, though some people could care less anyway.
Is there actually enough room to get an airhorn under that black wind-channeler (my name for it)? I was going to try to cram it under the left front faring after removing the stock horn.