Ramp

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Ramp

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bought a second ramp today (from WallyWorld) same as pictured but smaller (30"W x 3'D x ) for threshold use. This one is pretty...it has a handle and cover. Ouu...saweet! I will use the two ramps to roll my Mom in her wheelchair into various places, i.e. Doctor and more importantly to join in family gatherings. Holidays are around the corner folks :o
She turns 87 on Oct. 4th. It is my lucky day and lucky number :P
Oh yes & to get WN inside from winter cold. I like when things come together so nicely 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

87 and still out and about. She's doing well
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Yea, that's quite impressive. My grandfather is 83, and starting to lose mobility. It's not the mobility though, it's the sanity. His mind is starting to go on him. He's still a fun fellow though.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I will post a picture afterwards of the Big Day with Mom popping wheelie's on the ramp(s) o_O 8) :lol:
This way all you peepers can see how easy it is to Roll (even push) things in and out of your castle's. They are inexpensive and multi-functional. Anybody moving? Slide those boxes on down ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oops, forgot to mention that I bought some 2" wide reflective tape to put along the full length of each side as boundary markers to be seen with peripheral vision. When one is caught up in the job, accidents can happen, this may prevent one from stepping off to the sides and tripping over the ramps raised edges :o well....I def could see me doing that! Whoa....... :|
(tape bought at harbor freight with coupon :D
Note to self: You still have that to do! Hmmm...big ramp at sis' house. Tape might not happen this trip (crap..jinxed.....who said that word!) :?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Big Day!
Well, Mom had a great time and the ramps did the trick. She was not nervous & it was a breeze getting her in and out :)
Just a note/recap about the ramps: They are aluminum, fold lengthwise for easy carrying, & not heavy. The smaller has a handle on the side and includes a zipper cloth cover, it also has mounting holes should you want to secure it at the top end, the larger ramp has chains to secure at top end (different situations dictate chain usage). The surface of both are Not smooth (for better grip). Both have raised sides to prevent slip offs.
Best of all, both were affordable, easy to assemble, easy to store & transport. 8)
Thought Mom might have showed off poppin' a wheelie but instead said......"Come back and see me When I get my City Grips, then I'll rock the ramps!" :lol:
Attachments
Open that door!
Open that door!
(forum) Up we go!.jpg (39 KiB) Viewed 878 times
Looking at ramps from inside
Looking at ramps from inside
(forum) Both ramps.jpg (42.18 KiB) Viewed 878 times
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Aw, that's nice that you set those up for your mom. I'm sure she appreciated it. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank ya! :)
When I first glanced at this photo on the web, I swore it was a ramp o_O Who's up for for being crazy like this?
Attachments
"Last one in is a..................."
"Last one in is a..................."
skateboard ramp.jpg (28.22 KiB) Viewed 868 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just wanted to share the upgrade. I added non-skid course grit tape and reflective tape today to both ramps. Family is late in celebrating Thanksgiving, but tomorrow, Sunday We feast!! Yum! I plan on getting a few pics as Mom will be joining us again and so will the 2 ramps :? Stay tuned :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Everything went smoothly, even with socks on. It was cold out and I ate toooo much! Soon the scoot comes in :(
Attachments
With non-skid and reflective tape installed.jpg
With non-skid and reflective tape installed.jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 800 times
Tape used on ramps.jpg
Tape used on ramps.jpg (35.85 KiB) Viewed 800 times