pot hole danger?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: pot hole danger?

Post by Ishkabibble »

Ever since the acquisition, I've started paying much closer attention to the road condition along my drive to work. There are four places (so far) that I'm going to have to be especially vigilant. Two major potholes one construction zone littered with sand and small gravel, and a place where a pothole had been filled with sand and gravel before it was finally repaired. The sand and gravel are still all over the road, and it's at an intersection. That one will call for turning very slowly.

One has to pay attention, because the first time you don't, something will bite you.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Ishkabibble wrote:Ever since the acquisition, I've started paying much closer attention to the road condition along my drive to work. There are four places (so far) that I'm going to have to be especially vigilant. Two major potholes one construction zone littered with sand and small gravel, and a place where a pothole had been filled with sand and gravel before it was finally repaired. The sand and gravel are still all over the road, and it's at an intersection. That one will call for turning very slowly.

One has to pay attention, because the first time you don't, something will bite you.
Sand and gravel suck. ~ Captain Obvious
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I pass through two boroughs on my small 9 mile commute to and from work - one of them is dire for road up-keep and now the other is getting bad - there is literally near a hundred small and very large pot-holes and deep and wide pits (3 inches deep, 1-2 foot wide and about 3 meters long - several along a major road) and nothing much is done.
One road strewn with pot-holes has had the street lights out for a month now along a stretch of about 400 yards - which at 3am makes it even more dangerous as there are lots of pot holes there. I reported it but weeks on nothing has been done.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

iceman wrote:I pass through two boroughs on my small 9 mile commute to and from work - one of them is dire for road up-keep and now the other is getting bad - there is literally near a hundred small and very large pot-holes and deep and wide pits (3 inches deep, 1-2 foot wide and about 3 meters long - several along a major road) and nothing much is done.
One road strewn with pot-holes has had the street lights out for a month now along a stretch of about 400 yards - which at 3am makes it even more dangerous as there are lots of pot holes there. I reported it but weeks on nothing has been done.

Sheesh, and I thought the alley behind my place of employment was bad.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)