An I too old?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: An I too old?

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:I would suggest that if you are still cognizant of the difference between "want to" and "able to" at 82 years old, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your "able to" is still there. Not necessarily so, but quite likely. All the best and congrats for at least trying.
Teeny bit bit patronising?
It is not meant to be patronizing in the least. A shame a compliment made in sincerity needs to minimized. :( I know how I feel at 58 years old, and am impressed with someone who has 24 more years than that making the effort.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Pat Anderson
Year: 2015
Color: white

Re: An I too old?

Post by Pat Anderson »

Age is a combination of state of mind and state of health! Patty and I turn 70 (August and November) this year. She just started riding last year. We are planning a multi-day trip up Vancouver Island on our scoots. You have received good advice, check with your doc if you have any questions healthwise (doesn't sound like you do), and take the motorcycle safety course - another bit of advice, see if you can take the course on a scooter (PCX150 if possible) instead of the motorcycles the course usually provides. That way you won't be distracted by learning the clutching / shifting part that you won't be dealing with anyway. Patty already owned her scoot when she took the course, not sure where you will get one, but if you can, it seems like it would be a good idea!
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Red 2014 Forza 300 ABS (scoot is FOR SALE!)
White 2015 PCX150 (Pat's scoot)
Red 2013 PCX150 (Patty's scoot)