Riding in Bangkok (vid)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Riding in Bangkok (vid)

Post by alx123 »

He actually did ran him over with one of his tire. But I'm hoping the poor thing is okay as I noticed it went on his way to the canal after that.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

That lizzard had a really low profile. . .almost looked like a spot of road sealer. Hard to see.

Where I live there are a lot of squirrels that try to cross roads. The thing is they can't always make up their mind which way to go. So when you come across one the best thing to do is just slow down (after checking your rear view mirror to make sure no one is directly behind you) and give them a chance to move one way or the other. Usually if they are more than half way they just keep going but you never know. . . o_O
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Must be great seeing all the other PCX'ers everywhere, instant friendships every day
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

PCX150Rider wrote:That lizzard had a really low profile. . .almost looked like a spot of road sealer. Hard to see.
They are called monitor lizards and are a "cousin" to the komodo dragon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon

They are a very dirty as they often live in sewage canals (klongs) here in Thailand. To call someone a monitor lizard using the Thai name for it, is the greatest insult you can make to a person. It is kind of equivalent of calling someone a bitch or a bastard in English, only much worse.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

k2apache6.0 wrote:Must be great seeing all the other PCX'ers everywhere, instant friendships every day
PCX don't mind each other, but the Yamaha NMAX and the Aero 155 will try to provoke you in a highway race all the time. :D
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Here's a sample riding through Bangkok traffic video, so you'll get some idea how to ride around town in case you'll find yourself visiting Bangkok.

:P

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:( Fixie please. The newest video (above) says private alx123

First video: WHAT!
"that thing" looked like a slithering snake. No wait! I saw feet! Looka-Like a speeding baby gator or croc! What the hell! Now kram says it Was a monitor lizard! Oh, they're nasty n bad, no like. Fugly, I mean fugly critters. They bite, can cause illness to our species. Be aware, ride safe, keep your distance.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

@whitenoise

My bad, fixed it..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Ahhh. . .that's better. . .gotta have eyes in back of your head for that traffic. I'm surprised more people just don't ride scooters there to get around easier/faster. . .
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Well. . .on second thought I don't know why more people here don't ride on scooters/motorcycles to get around easier. I guess the weather would be a major factor (it can be for me sometimes) in northern areas of course but otherwise I think it's got a lot to do with satisfying the ego and being concerned about what you are seen driving in. I've seen some pretty rich people drive in a crap box because they just don't care what other people think. . .usually the "old rich". It's the "nouveaux riche" that have something to prove. Am I still on topic? :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

OP, Do you ever get a chance to up the speed? Pull the throttle? I would go crazy keeping that constant slow and drifting pace. And all those vehicles? Long Islander's would call that bottleneck traffic. Crazy. You ride this way daily? Stop/go, roll on roll off?

Upside...You're a patient man. Kudo's to you. Overall, I bet riding this way has made you a better rider. You are Forced to be at the top of your game, everyday, every minute. Awareness at it's best! What a way to learn.

Let's see you out in the country having fun twisting the throttle and the roads.
Then I'll surely put a smile on my face watching you...."Breakout"

Thanks for sharing :P and keep watching for (those) jaywalker's :lol:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

It's raining in the middle of summer :?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Are you sure you are riding in Bangkok. ;) I never see roads that are not congested. Yours seem fairly traffic free. Although today was a holiday for some.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

kramnala58 wrote:Are you sure you are riding in Bangkok. ;) I never see roads that are not congested. Yours seem fairly traffic free. Although today was a holiday for some.
That road is borommaratchonnani, which will bring me to my workplace at Salaya. That's still part of Talingchan, a district of BKK. Got some nice stretch of open roads as well..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Thanks for sharing the vid.

When I've got my full face lid on and it's raining I find if I look right briefly and then left briefly (without surrounding danger) the water just flows off my face shield if I'm going fast enough. No need to wipe. :D
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

PCX150Rider wrote:Thanks for sharing the vid.

When I've got my full face lid on and it's raining I find if I look right briefly and then left briefly (without surrounding danger) the water just flows off my face shield if I'm going fast enough. No need to wipe. :D
Yeah, it works. It's the fogging inside the lid that is quite bothersome..
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Gloomy morning in Thailand...no floods though..
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

No need for safety gears if you are this skilled...
#scootlife
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by #scootlife »

Love this thread. I just got back from Thailand in May, and that was where I was introduced to scooters. It's a whole way of life over there, and it's awesome. Got back and immediately bought my pcx 150. I'm loving riding around on it, but I gotta say, it'll never be quite the same as zipping through traffic in Southeast Asia...sigh :(
It's awesome getting the motorcycle wave over here in the States, but it's even cooler filtering to the front of a stop light and sitting in a pack of 20-30 scooters. Over here, I almost feel like a novelty whereas in Thailand, you're just part of the ebb and flow of the roadways. Having the feeling of being part of a bigger group is fun, especially when you have an entire designated parking garage for scooters at the mall with a separate tiny lane that leads underground and hundreds of tiny scooter-sized parking spaces. It's something else, and I highly encourage everyone to try scootering in SE Asia!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I can only imagine what you're adjusting to. Perhaps a type of withdrawal (?) from crazy and crowded fun scootin' to scootin' here, where you feel quite alone. Kinda sad. We're not wolves in packs here, that's for sure. But gatherings do occur where we can ride together. One just has to find out where they're gathering. Stick with us it will make you feel better just knowing we're here and enjoy the ride as well. Time heals

Btw, #scootlife where are you now? Would you please enter your location in your profile? I have easy directions below my post. It aids us to help one another when we have questions or to make recommendations. Who knows, maybe someone lives nearby that you can ride with? :)