New specs electric PCX released!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New specs electric PCX released!

Post by gn2 »

grndslm wrote:I think it was Zero motorcycles that stated they could get a penny per mile. Gas is less than $1.80 where I live.... so if my clutch weren't slipping, I'd be getting like 1.5 cents per mile. And yes, when you factor in the cost of battery replacements, gas wins out for sure.
Don't be so sure.
In the time it takes to run a set of Zero M/C batteries down to a state where they would require replacement, the equivalent ICE M/C would have depreciated to a value of approximately zilch.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am still trying to figure out what business or industry could use that electric PCX, especially with no storage.

"Runner, take these samples over to the lab for testing".

"Sorry sir, I have no place to carry them on my bike".

"Leave the bike and take my car".

What did they gain by using that electric PCX?? The same would happen if the 30 miles was up on the batteries, and if the charge runs out on the way to the labs, Then what? Hmmm.

We had electric golf carts where I worked. They went further than that bike before needing recharge. That is what it would compete against. Their range is 35 - 50 miles.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
RikudoPCX
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by RikudoPCX »

Blue accent look amazing. Not sold on the entire concept though, the range is awful but that's to be expected with such small battery cells. In any case, hope they develop those charging lanes which recharge your battery cell whilst you drive on it soon. Would really solve the time issue.
Riding a 2016 Honda PCX with 4000 miles (April 2018)
A moment of silence for those drivers still in traffic ...